AutoPad is the easiest way to bring ambient pad loops into your mix!
AutoPad plays back a seamlessly looped set of sample-based drones that provide subtle structure to your live performances and recordings. Simply tap a key, and AutoPad will provide a tasteful soundscape that plays for as long as you like. Natural crossfades between keys are handled automatically.
- AutoPad has two modes: LIVE mode gives you instant access to all twelve keys, while SETLIST mode allows you to create a custom list of songs.
- AutoPad comes with 10 carefully designed pad sounds. Each one provides a unique atmosphere in all 12 keys.
- Expand your sound library by importing your own pads or by purchasing one of the in-app sound packs.
- AutoPad comes with a fully-featured AUv3 plugin! Run AutoPad alongside other music apps in your favorite AUv3 host.
- AutoPad features a built-in metronome. Keep your band locked in without needing to lug around a tracks rig.
- AutoPad's menu gives you control over crossfade time, two filters, reverb amount, pan, and volume.
- AutoPad responds to MIDI! Plug in a MIDI controller or use a MIDI-enabled app to control AutoPad.
- AutoPad features a dark color scheme that is easy on the eyes and performs well on the stage.
Note on use:
AutoPad sounds great in a variety of contexts, but please make sure you understand the intended use before purchase.
AutoPad's sounds include the root, fifth, and octave. As such, they can be used in a major or minor context. They are designed to be played softly and continuously behind live musicians. When using AutoPad in worship music, it is not necessary to change the pad with each chord change. For example, if you have a song in the key of E, you can play a pad in E for the duration of the song.
New in AutoPad 1.8.6:
- Fix issue with app not recalling user settings
- Fix bug that caused periodic soft pops while looping samples
- Improvements to crossfade envelope (will not pop when restarting same note)
- Other small changes and bug fixes
- Update AudioKit to v5
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No longer saves settings???
Sooo I love this app I’ve been using it for about 3 years but I can not figure out why my settings are no longer saving I used to be able to keep my volume down my cross fade all the way up and everything the way I needed it but lately it’s been resetting to default settings everytime I close the app with only the pad I chose but not the settings please fix this I LOVE this app and recommend it to all my friends but this little thing is such an amazing feature that makes it even more customizable to each person please fix or bring back! 😓 I hate going in to the app and the volume being at full instead of where I left it
Developer Response ,
Hi there, just want to let you know that I have updated AutoPad to fix this issue. Check the App Store and make sure you have version 1.8.6!
Great for limited use
I found this great for intros but if I kept it on for the whole song, it would just start to feel like a hypnosis or constant feedback somewhere.
Features I would like to see:
Ability to set a timer for how long a single pad to play.
Allow user to create layers of timed pads.
Create a “Scene” - combined with the timer and layer feature. This allows the user to combine multiple recorded or timed notes for intro pads, verse and chorus pads etc.
‘Tap’ for tempo. Simple explanation... if you have someone else running the pads the ability to match the tempo by navigating to a tempo tab with a big round circle or something to tap on would be great. This feature should be real time adjustment because most changes a user makes with the current version, you have to stop the pad and restart it.
Texture pads - sometimes I like to add a small bit of nighttime noises to make it feel like we’re out under the stars (like David Crowder Band - I need words); I also like the crackling of a fire (Any song from Rend Collective’s Campfire album); and even a ticking clock (You can barely hear this in the song Only Hope by Switchfoot).
A lot of the functionality aspects I am suggesting are included in iReal Pro but the advantage I see for AutoPad is the ability to distill these suggested features down to fit AutoPads target audience.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the feedback and ideas! I'm glad you like AutoPad. Just make sure you don't have AutoPad too hot in your mix. Its main purpose is to provide subtle harmonic support and to fill space when other instruments are quiet.
Great Foundation, Needs more Development
Some huge pros:
• the app is STABLE, no crashing, audio is seamless, even when switching between apps
• it's straightforward in its layout, which is a big plus when working on stage
Honestly seeing that this is v1 makes me extremely excited for what it could become. Autopad already is set to be one of the most useful tools in my arsenal. A couple of recommendations:
• add volume control within the app: pads are a bit quiet compared to other apps like Bebot and GarageBand
• add minor chords
• create a way to cycle through a setlist, allow users to create their own grid with what they will need
• also definitely create a way to mess with some of the Pad timbres, such as add more motion or movement, swells, brighten/dampen with low pass filters, etc.
I showed a friend of mine this, and we both agreed it's a great start. It's just the tones, although they're well designed, are rather plane without any kind of background melodic movement like synth swells and chorusy delay/verb chains.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ryan Robinson
- 36.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ryan Robinson
- In-App Purchases
- Bonus Sounds
- Shimmer Pads $4.99
- Grainscapes $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.