Digital note-taking, simplified! Feel the joy of modern note-taking through one of the most fluid productivity apps. Convert your iPad into a digital notebook and create beautiful handwritten notes. A feature-rich notes app, useful for students, working professionals, bullet journalists and other note-takers. Noteshelf app supports PDF annotations, audio recording, conversion of writing to text and more!
EXPERIENCE NATURAL HANDWRITING
* Note your ideas with a natural handwriting almost as if writing on a real notepad
* Create good notes by customizing your writing. Choose from a range of pens, pencils, and highlighters
* Switch between pens, eraser and highlighter with a single tap
SEARCH/ CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES/ OCR
* You can search through your handwritten notes and even convert them to text
* Noteshelf recognizes over 65 languages of handwriting
MARKUP DOCUMENTS & IMAGES
* Import PDFs, MS Office documents or images; or add them to your existing notebooks.
* Highlight, underline or write notes on your documents/images
BACKUP, SYNC & SHARE
* Backup your notes to Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive and retrieve them any time, anywhere
* Sync all your notes via iCloud and use them on all your devices seamlessly
* Export and share your notes as a pdf, png or as a noteshelf file
EDIT YOUR NOTES WITH EASE
* Select and move your text anywhere, change the size and colors in a snap
* With the Undo and Redo options, corrections can now be made more quickly than in a notepad
* Erase entire strokes or just the highlighter with the new eraser modes
* Write precisely by using the zoom in feature
* Draw perfect geometrical shapes for all your mind maps
AUDIO RECORD NOTE
* Record audio as you take notes so you never miss out on anything important at school or work
* Add as many recordings as you want onto your pages and play them back anytime, even as you handwrite notes
* The new presentation mode allows you to turn the app into a whiteboard and give engaging presentations
* Use the laser pointer and neon pens in the app to bring the presentation to life
MULTI-TASK LIKE A PRO
* Open multiple windows of Noteshelf and work simultaneously with ease
* This multi screen workflow of using 2 notes side by side will work only on iPads running on the iPad OS
GO HANDS-FREE WITH APPLE WATCH
* Create voice notes with Noteshelf using the Apple Watch
* Auto-save all your recordings to the iPhone and use iCloud to sync them across devices. Take notes later while you listen to those recordings
DO MORE THAN JUST BOOKMARK
* Sometimes, digital notes might run into hundreds of pages. So, bookmark important pages, name and color them to search with ease
* Auto-publish your notes one-way into Evernote and access them on Evernote, from just about anywhere
SOME OTHER FEATURES
* The expansive set of paper templates and covers in Noteshelf will keep you and your note-taking experience fresh. Use the new Custom Digital Diaries to create diaries based on your needs
* Add your most used pens and highlighters to the Movable Favorites Toolbar for easy access
* Secure your notes with passcodes. Use Face ID or Touch ID to lock and unlock your notebooks
* Use Siri commands to create a new notebook, search for an existing notebook, or open a notebook in a snap
* Keep your personal and business notes separate. Drag and drop notebooks into groups or categories easily on your iPad notes
* We support a dark color scheme - as beautiful as the system-wide dark mode. (Only on iOS 13 for iPhones and iPad OS for iPads)
* Noteshelf is on the way to delight it’s users with amazing features which makes it one of the top paid apps on your iPad.
Visit our website at www.noteshelf.biz for more information, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram as @noteshelfapp.
Got a suggestion? We'd love to hear from you - write to us at noteshelf(at)fluidtouch.biz!
Minor bug fixes.
Routine performance upgrades.
~ Noteshelf—Digital Note-Taking, Simplified! ~
Ratings and Reviews
It WAS good (read till the end)
After last update, the app expects more interaction with the pdf file itself where I’m writing on (highlighting and selecting a document portion) instead of allowing me to write on it. Since I have the habit of writing everything by hand, this is sooooooo annoying because whenever I try to write, the app starts to select the portion of the pdf template. I have two different suggestions to correct this issue. First, you could allow me to toggle this feature on or off. Second, you could set a time a little longer for the app try to highlight or select something in my pdf template. I have been using this app more than 5 years. I contacted the support and they said me they will try to address my request only after more people mentioned the same problem. I can’t wait so long. I’ve downloaded other apps and started some tests to change all my notes to another place.
Oct 13th update: The developer answered my review, and YES, the issue that I mentioned is gone! This app is perfect. Thank God I didn’t have time to move to another app yet. Noteshelf is the best! Changing my review to 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi. We've already improved this behavior. It should not occur now, from v8.4.7 onwards. Can you pls try after updating your app to latest? Pls let us know if you're still facing the issue even in the latest version.
More and more… aggravating
This used to be my absolute favorite app. I have used it since the first time it showed up (from the prior noteshelf - discontinued - app). I have tested the app when new versions came up, but recently taken out of the testing. I use this as my primary notetaking app, and I teach so I use it to project what I write. I have repeatedly complained and sent videos of the app not showing what I write when in zoomed in mode while I project. They said they have fixed it multiple times, yet, I still have the same problem. Maybe I could deal with that. But since the last update, the writing, when projecting is sloppy and lagging to the point where I had to change to a different app. Haven’t been able to send my issue through the app support. And even if I do, they want me to recreate the exact circumstance in which it happens, coz apparently describing it is not good enough. Which for me that means trying to take time out of my class to do something that should be fixed immediately. Either way, I am very disappointed for the way this app has devolved over time. Adding in more functions (albeit nice ones) while letting the basic ones become worse is pointless to me. Oh, and might want to add a laser pointer while you are at it. But maybe you should fix the things that people complain about more than once. Meanwhile, I guess i will be using an app that has slightly less functions but that work better.
I have used Noteshelf since 2012, beginning with Noteshelf 1, which is when I effectively abandoned physical notebooks. I thoroughly discontinued use of note paper with the advent of Noteshelf for the iPhone. This is, unequivocally, my “go to” note taking app. I have been a walking advertisement for Noteshelf, as I am continually asked “What app is that?” I recommend Noteshelf to anyone who asks! Even for each of my grandchildren, from whom I have computer drawn artwork, some from as young as 18 months.
The Noteshelf capability is so multi-faceted and complete. They leave very little to the imagination. If you find a feature that you’d like to have added, just send an email requesting it. I’ve done this for several years. I send requests for features I encounter in other note taking apps. I describe the feature and provide the app name, so the Noteshelf developers can experience exactly what I want. I’m telling you, over the years, I have seen them add every feature that I’ve requested. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one requesting, but it’s certainly wonderful to feel as if you’ve been heard.
If asked, I would describe myself as a “come-back-every-time” loyal Noteshelf customer. I continue to try new note taking apps just to see what new features are on the market. Each time, I find myself coming back to Noteshelf within the free trial period of the new app.
In my experience, Noteshelf cannot be beat! Try it! You’ll love it!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fluid Touch Pte. Ltd.
- 281.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Fluid Touch Pte. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.