MindNode – Mind Map & Outline 4+
Mind Mapping, Brainstorm Ideas
- Offers In-App Purchases
Every great idea starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful brainstorming app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Create an outline for an organized, hierarchical view, and observe how it grows as a mind map. Use the mind map to visually rearrange nodes and add new thoughts. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head the way you want to.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Mind map and outline side-by-side. Concentrate on one thought at a time with Focus Mode, Visual Tags, and foldable branches.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your document with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your idea will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your idea as text, image, and to many other file formats.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. Store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes, as well as importing and exporting files.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Outlining, Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images, and links to nodes
• Outlining: create your document using a hierarchical, organized approach
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your mind map
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at email@example.com and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
• Added the option to resize all selected nodes simultaneously, when using a resize knob on the canvas
• Added the option to “Copy Selected Nodes” instead of “Copy Single Node”
• Improved the keyboard navigation on the Export dialog
• Unified the visualization of the reconnection indicator for all node shapes
• Ensured branches look correct when exporting top-down mind maps as image
• Fixed a bug where node dragging would not correctly cancel any previous reattachments when pressing Escape while dragging
• Fixed "Export to PDF" not working when triggered via Siri Shortcuts
• Fixed "Export to Reminders" not working when triggered via Siri Shortcuts
Ratings and Reviews
Articulating a complex idea can be a challenge, but fortunately MindNode—which simplifies a technique known as mind-mapping—can make the process a whole lot easier. The app lets you create a diagram where an overarching idea branches off into related ones. You’ll be able to zero in on specifics and zoom out to see the entire concept in all its complexity.
Absolutely Amazing Program
I'm a creative person, and could never really figure out how to organize my projects or ideas well. I was using a project board with sticky notes, yarn and pushpins, which is great for me because it lets me go on tangents that I'm intrigued by, but not very friendly on the go. Can't exactly carry a full bulletin board to work every day without a few too many strange glances. This however has saved me. Such a great program. They have nailed each aspect! With tasks being integrated, it lets me freely plan my day in the non linear way I think, still have a To Do List that I understand, and best thing is I can print it and take it with me! ahhh! Love it so much. It allows attatchments to nodes too like documents and photos so those are always handy, and works perfectly with iCloud so all of my MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone all have access. The cross device compatibility is also a huge win because it is one of 3 apps I use that features are all available, on all devices, all of the time. Usually it is pretty limited on iOS vs. macOS, but not this one. Seriously great job Team MindNode! The only thing i think that would be beneficial is to be able to group sections with a visual bubble or outline. It's perfect as is, I just do that with a highligher when I print lol.
Developer Response ,
Oh wow, thank you for this amazing review Kevin!! I've forwarded your wish to the rest of the team and we'll discuss it. Best regards,
organizing thoughts and concepts
I have always had difficulty organizing my thoughts and finding connections between concepts. I can do it, but it's a struggle. With MindNode, I can see the connections. You simply start writing your notes and MindNode allows you to move them around as the different connections become more clear.
It's very intuitive and easy to learn. Almost all the options are available with the free choice, so you don't really need to go for the paid option unless you want to. Still, after learning how to use it, and seeing the benefits, I felt more than willing to offer some repayment to the developers. And the small amount requested for the added options was more than worth it.
But wait, there's more!! I work in the mental health industry. My colleagues have offered nothing but praise when I have sent pdf's of mindmaps. Several have requested information about signing up themselves, and more than a few were saddened to find it was a Mac program. (Any thoughts about opening this to other OS?) I have also used the maps when working with clients so they can better understand our goals and challenges.
Does this sound to good to be true? I assure you it is not. This is not a paid ad, only a completely satisfied and somewhat smitten user. This is truly an excellent program.
Developer Response ,
Oh thank you so much!! As we are a small company with limited resources unfortunately, we don't have the capacity to develop MindNode for an additional operating system at the moment. We are however thinking about a web-based version of MindNode. Maybe that might be of use to some of your colleagues and clients. I just can't make any promises on when this will see the light of day at the moment. In case you'd be open for it, it would be amazing if you'd get in touch with Greg from marketing for a user story interview for our website. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org :) Thank you again! Regards,
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 92.9 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Legacy Subscription (6) $19.99
- Legacy Subscription (12) $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.