stoic. can help you live a happier and more tranquil life. you will learn stoicism philosophy and how to cope with stress.
get your daily mental health tracker companion for mood tracking, journaling, meditations, and reflection. it analyzes your emotive influences and gives you insights on how to be happier and more productive.
WHY DO YOU NEED A MENTAL HEALTH TRACKER?
we all experience a complex range of emotions every single day. whether we are feeling positive or negative — both of which are completely natural, of course — it is essential that we have a clear understanding of our emotional state of mind if we are to achieve self-actualization.
stoicism is a philosophy of leaders, as Tim Ferriss put it:
• become happier and more productive
• become less emotionally reactive
• become a better, kinder person
• become better at resolving conflicts
MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINE.
• start a perfect day with a personalized morning routine. prepare for your daily activities so that nothing can surprise you during the day.
• reflect on your actions in the evening to develop as a human being. get better every day.
• journaling. clear your mind, express your thoughts, set goals and be more grateful with guided journaling.
• negative visualization. discover how many things you have in your life that you should be grateful for. things you take for granted. achievements that you forgot a long time ago. you are luckier and more privileged than you think.
• meditation. an unguided session of meditation with background sounds and timed chimes.
• breathing. deep calm and box breathing exercises.
• quotes. read and save your favorite inspiring quotes from stoic philosophers, Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha.
• fear setting. a way of overcoming hard decisions in life introduced by Tim Ferriss. it will help you be less afraid of taking action.
• thought exercise. stoic interpretation of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.) whenever you feel strong negative emotions, try to put corresponding thoughts here. you may notice, that your feelings were caused by your thoughts, and after a small shift in the way you think, you can experience a significant change in your mood.
• history. browse your old entries or filter them with particular questions. see how your responses change over time and find patterns to help you in your personal development.
• privacy. protect your entries and journals with a password.
• export. share your thoughts with your therapist.
• iCloud. synchronize your data with other multiple devices and keep a backup of your precious thoughts on your personal iCloud storage account.
• HealthKit integration for mindful minutes and showing your activity in trends.
• stoic wisdom. learn the most practical philosophy that will help you survive in high-stress environments. meditate on quotes by Marcus Aurelius and Seneca and conquer your ego.
• learn philosophies. with quotes from Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha you can learn Tao, Confucianism, Buddhism, and Christian approaches to life.
• and remember "we suffer more in imagination than in reality" - Seneca
• stoic offers $37.99/year auto-renewing subscription.
• payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• your subscription to stoic will automatically renew unless you disable auto-renew at least 24 hours before the current period ends. you can turn off auto-renew or manage your subscription from your iTunes Store account setting. any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a stoic premium subscription.
• t&c: http://stoicroutine.com/terms-and-conditions/
if you don’t choose to purchase stoic premium, you can still use stoic for free.
this update introduces a new main dashboard with routines and exercises.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow, life-changing! This app has so much potential — a bright future.
I’m blown away by the beautiful functionality and style of this app. In a time of self-coddling exceptionalism, I find the truthful and minimalist way of Stoicism to be an oasis to during this age of narcissism. I want to develop my character by persisting in doing the simple everyday things that are hard for me; and to treat the people in my life better, by being more thoughtful and reflective of all the ways I impact people in my life. The questions asked in this journaling app helps me to do exactly that, and I really appreciate it. The responsiveness of the developer shows a kind of rare caring, which will surely inspire a community around this app. The messaging feature promises interesting ways to incorporate philosophy, natural language processing and ML. It is a beautifully modern way to deliver lessons in classical philosophy in more pragmatic and interactive, bite-sized chunks — with the potential for location-awareness and habit tracking for really grounding philosophy into lived experience. As an educator with a philosophy background, a software developer and product manager, I am so excited for this app - and I can’t wait to see what it turns into over the next year. I hope that I can be involved in some way as a volunteer and enthusiast.
Developer Response ,
SpiritKaizen, I wish I could reply to your review in the same beautiful way that You complemented Stoic. Unfortunately, I’m not skilled enough :)
Nevertheless, I really deeply appreciate your support, and kind words, and I will do my best to meet your expectations.
I would be honored if you could guide me with your advice on future features, If you wish to have access to beta builds, please ping me at email@example.com
Have a great day,
A non judgmental guide to a better self
This app just keeps getting better and better. While using stoicism as a framework, this app has really been a way for me to practice personal reflection and awareness, cultivating better emotional wellness. Easily accessible techniques for gratitude, journaling, meditation, and breathing exercises without the pressure of any one thing being a requirement. The app guides you to those tools through a pleasant sequence without any pressure to use specific techniques. It’s so gentle. If you want to journal, then journal. If you want to meditate, then do that. And if you don’t, that’s ok too. It’s totally up to you. I find tremendous value in the simple act of making these sequences a part of my daily morning and evening routine; from simply opening the app and assessing how I feel to what my priority for the day is to how productive I felt. The app now even guides personal reflection towards specific categories. If in the morning I say I’m going to focus on reading, in the evening the app will then guide me to reflect on recalling what I read that day. So simple, but so helpful. Excellent user experience, an essential part of my every day routine now.
Try This App
As a philosophy student and a productivity nerd, I’ve probably tried somewhere over 20 different journaling apps over the years and nothing has ever felt complete enough to make it worth the time. Within my first sit down with this app however, I actually found myself crying in some moments and smiling at others, ultimately feeling like I had done something truly productive. This app is incredibly in-depth and really delivers a guided experience that is tailored for your personal goals. It is structured enough to feel like you know what to do in order to benefit from it, and it is open-ended enough to feel like you don’t need any other app to accompany it, which makes it feel very complete and satisfying to have everything in one place. The customizable options, philosophical quotes and questions, and the array of mental exercises to choose from make this app an excellent tool to heal and grow. I have no doubt that this will continue to be a valued part of my daily routine, and I urge anyone reading this to try this for yourself!
- Maciej Lobodzinski
- 144.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © stoic app inc.
- In-App Purchases
- premium stoic. $37.99
- Stoic Premium $6.99
- Stoic Premium $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.