TOUCH for VIRUS is the first and only patch editor for Virus TI synthesizers on IOS. It is compatible with all Virus TI and TI2 models.
Why "TOUCH for VIRUS" will make you happy too:
- Swipe awesome patches together, and get rid of endless menus
- Get inspired by the endless combination of section presets
- Dedicated knobs and sliders for nearly all parameters (Read "Please note" below for details)
- No computer needed, just you, your VIRUS, iPad and some sort of MIDI-USB interface
- Receiving patch dumps doesn't NOT seem to work when using a MIDI over Bluetooth connection.
- Additional MIDI -> USB interface is needed for this app to work. Connecting iPad and Virus TI directly to each other without MIDI interface will not work: Virus does not support this.
- This app does not support editing the following parameters: Input effect, vocoder and atomizer
- Bluetooth MIDI is fully supported for editing patches, but not for receiving patch dumps from the synthesizer.
- Save & reload created patches on your iPad
- Save & reload created patches in Virus Cloud
- Organize your patches in collections and categories
- Load patches partially, based on (de)selected ‘sections’
SECTION PRESETS: New to VIRUS TI:
The roughly 350 parameters of a patch are split in 7 sections:
- Save and load presets for each section.
- Create new patches in seconds by choosing a preset for each section.
- Create endless numbers of different patches without the need learn how it actually works (= main unique selling point of this app I think!)
- Sections: Oscillators / Filter & Amplifier / Modulation / Controller / Arpeggiator / Effects / Ambiance
Version 1.5.1 maintenance release
- Improved app stability when receiving patch dumps
- Several fixes and improvements in the Patch Library
- Selecting a MIDI output no longer disrupts receiving patch dumps
- Deleting a patch in the patch library will now delete the correct patch
(oops, sorry for this one!)
New in Major Release 1.5
- Introduced Virus Cloud, a public cloud based patch library
- Redesigned “Patch Library”, lots of improvements!!
- Redesigned “Save Patch” page
- Introduced new app design, sharp on every screen
Ratings and Reviews
Wanting this for years, thanks so much for making it and for the continued development. It feels like Access has all but abandoned the Virus, and this gives it new life. It became such a chore to maintain VirusTi on the computer, and now we have this as a much better direct option to interact with the Virus and maintain our patch library.
Finally, Thank you 😊
I haven’t used it yet, but see you are very active in its development. I look forward to using it with my Snow traveling with my iPad Pro. Can’t wait to see what new features come. 👍
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks! I hope you've already found some time to work whit it! If you have any questions, just send me a message!
I’m so glad you made this
This is the app we all needed. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
You're welcome! ;)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.