Complete the FAFSA form, view loan and grant info, and get relevant notifications using the official myStudentAid app.
Whether you’re a student, parent, or borrower, Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app has the tools and resources you need to apply for and manage financial aid for college or career school on the go. Complete the FAFSA® form, Master Promissory Note, and Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment. Quickly view loan and grant information on your personalized dashboard. You can also get relevant account alerts, track your repayment progress, and get instant answers to your questions.
Apply for Aid
• Securely begin, complete, and submit a new or renewal FAFSA form.
• Electronically transfer your federal tax information into a FAFSA form using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT).
• Transfer parent information from a completed FAFSA form for one of your children into a new FAFSA form for another child.
• View and compare information about the schools selected on the FAFSA form.
• Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) conveniently in the app. The MPN is a legal document required to get a federal student loan.
Manage Your Aid
• Access a personalized dashboard that summarizes your aid information, highlights upcoming loan payments, and provides relevant content and checklists.
• Track your detailed loan and grant information, aid overpayments, remaining Direct Loan and Pell Grant eligibility, and more with the Aid Summary feature.
• Understand the cost of college, learn loan and borrowing basics, and see a snapshot of your loans in your Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment.
• View important paperwork and correspondence in My Documents.
Stay on Track
• Meet Aidan®, our virtual assistant that can answer questions about federal student aid. Whether you want to find out your current loan balance, get help answering questions about the FAFSA form, or reach your loan servicer, Aidan is here to help you find an answer.
• View customer service contact information and send emails from the app.
• Track the status of your Feedback Center cases and borrower defense applications, view details, and upload documents.
• Get important account updates within the Notification Center.
• Receive push notifications on your phone.
You can also share your feedback and ideas at any time through short customer surveys that you’ll find in the app’s menu and after completing certain forms.
Download the Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app today for a personalized financial aid experience.
We continue to improve the app to meet your needs. This release includes minor bug fixes and improvements. That’s in addition to being able to complete FAFSA® form, interact with Aidan®, our virtual assistant, and view detailed federal loan and grant information in Aid Summary.
Thank you for choosing Federal Student Aid’s official myStudentAid app.
Ratings and Reviews
The update, cleaner interface but you wont be able to complete a form nor save them. App may crash and you’d have to restart all over again. Ill give it a 2 star for the slick look of it all and the engagement of certain applications within the app. They made it easier in a sense “VISUALLY” . But they missed the important parts of the system. MAKING IT WORK PROPERLY FOR US TO REGISTER EASILY AND CONVENIENTLY. WE NEED A NEW UPDATE ASAP
The app says I have poor internet connection but I know my internet is fine. Then it says I can not save. You can not pause the application or have it running in the background to google anything or look up information or open anything else on your phone while the app is running otherwise it wont save so there is no point in continuing and you will have to log in again BUT if you log out and try logging in again immediately your dashboard doesn’t load or information that you know did save is not on there. I understand patience is key but geez it shouldn’t be this hard to fill out a form online. I shouldn’t have to fill it out 3 or 4 times before realizing there are flaws to work around. It’s convenient that this is an app but the flaws make it counterproductive so its not actually convenient. Its a nightmare.
Slightly better than the website
The fafsa website just doesn’t open. It loads and loads and never takes you to anything other than a load screen. This app doesn’t crash, but syncing parent and child FSA ID took me filling the faces form out three times. My parent finished their information then I went to log in and it said none of it was filled out until it finally stayed filled out on the third try. Honestly, it was hours of frustration. Also in order to add more than ten schools I have to go back take schools off the list and then resubmit. That’s a really weird, outdated, and unnecessarily convoluted method considering it’s 2022. My school website literally has better functionality than this app. That said it is better than the website that just doesn’t load. Financial aid is really important to students and their families and this app made the process a real headache.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Office of Federal Student Aid
- 124.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Federal Student Aid 2015