GoodNotes 5 4+
Note-Taking & PDF Markup
Time Base Technology Limited
- Offers In-App Purchases
Use GoodNotes on Mac to access your digital notes wherever you work. With iCloud, your digital notes will be synced on all your devices, making the GoodNotes Mac app the perfect partner to access your digital notes on your computer.
NEVER LOSE YOUR NOTES
• Search your handwritten notes, typed text, PDF text, document outlines, folder titles, and document titles.
• Create unlimited folders and subfolders, or mark your Favorite ones to keep everything organized.
• Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents.
• Add hyperlinks to external websites, videos, articles to build your knowledge map.
• Back up all your notes to iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive and sync across all devices so you will never lose them.
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
• Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors.
• Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shape Tool.
• Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks.
• Choose to erase the entire stroke, only parts of it, or only highlighters to leave the ink intact.
• Select to edit or move a specific object with the Lasso Tool.
• Add, create, or import your stickers, pictures, tables, diagrams, and more with Elements to enrich your notes.
• Choose from a large set of beautiful covers and useful paper templates, including Blank Paper, Ruled Paper, Cornell Paper, Checklists, To-dos, Planners, Music Paper, Flashcards, and more.
• Upload any PDF or image as a custom notebook cover or paper template for more customization.
• Record audio notes and see your notes appear in sync.
SHARE, COLLABORATE, & PRESENT FROM YOUR MAC
• Present a lecture, a lesson, a business plan, a brainstorming result, or your group study without distractions when you connect your Mac via AirPlay or HDMI to an external screen.
• Use Laser Pointer on your iPad to guide your audience’s attention during your presentation.
• Collaborate with others on the same document using a sharable link.
- Added double tap to zoom for crossplatform
- Improved memory usage and stability
- Improved stability when handwriting
Ratings and Reviews
GoodNotes 5 is a combination digital notepad and PDF markup tool. And it’s very good at both. As a notepad, GoodNotes covers all the bases. Create notes with your keyboard or handwrite them with Apple Pencil. The app transforms your hand-drawn shapes into geometrically perfect ones. It’s also capable of recognizing your handwriting (even when you can’t) and converting it to text.
This is an excellent app! I only have one pet peeve…
Honestly, I really love using this app! It is very well thought out and I can use it for many different kinds of workflows. Great app if you are considering starting/ transitioning to digital note-taking/ journaling. I enjoy taking handwritten notes in it with my apple pencil and being able to easily import pdfs that I can mark up is great. I enjoy the elements feature, which allows me to add custom sticker that I use all the time as post-its or stickers for journaling. Plus there are som many other excellent features, such as being able to search in your hand written notes and the ability to back-up your notebooks, to name a few.
I only have one pet peeve when it comes to this app. It does have a typing feature, but it’s a bit clunky and not very intuitive. When I am doing journaling, it is very nice to put text exactly where I want it, so I don’t want the feature to go away. But having to use the text boxes for more type-intensive tasks can be a bit annoying at times. I would be nice if there was a feature you could enable within the notebook where if you could type in a notebook like a normal word document. My work around is typing something ahead of time in a word document and then importing it into the app, but honestly, it would be nice if I didn’t have to do that (maybe I am being too picky)… Otherwise, this a really excellent, solid app that I recommend highly to folks for note-taking.
I absolutely love this app. I use this more for pdf creation and personal journaling than anything else. If I were to add or change anything, it would be to include a colored pencil or crayon writing utensil among the hi-liter, and various pen-pen, brush-pen, etc. I may be mistaken, but doesn’t the primary photo used to advertise GoodNotes is, in fact, written and drawn with what looks to be a colored pencil. How odd that is not a function.
Also, voice recorder that syncs with ur written notes, as similarly done by “Colla-note” and “notability” would be a highly desired note taking tool. Other features that would rock my world would to insert in-notebook hyperlinks so that, say for example, I nay make a table of contents at the start if my 300 page notebook. It would be fabulous if I could make some text or a insert picture that would hyperlink me to page 288 where I want to read my notes on socio-economic hierarchies. Something like Collanote did. And also the ability to embed videos or audio in a note would really be beneficial.
Despite that slight suggestion party I just threw out there, GoodNotes, is the note taking app I continue to consistently return to. No other note app seems to so effortlessly and perfectly change, adjust, create, or mark up pdfs as well as GoodNotes. No other note app has such an amazing array of paper to write on. Thank you GoodNotes. You are some damned Good notes! You are my most used app among all my devices.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 424.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023 GoodNotes Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Unlock $9.99
- Bunny Oasis Stickers $0.00
- Dotted Squares: Draft Papers $0.99
- Happy Place Covers $0.99
- Good Morning - BuJo Stickers $0.99
- Relax Rabbit Stickers $0.99
- Pam the STEM Champ $0.99
- The Ultimate Student Planner $12.99
- All in one Planner $9.99
- Cozy Life Planner $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.