Eclipse Guide is a comprehensive and easy-to-use app for observing solar and lunar eclipses. It provides all information you need to experience and understand any eclipse of the past and the future.
***From the developers of famous astronomical app Star Walk, winner of the Apple Design Award 2010, loved by more than 10 million users around the world***
● Eclipse calendar with the list of solar and lunar eclipses of the past and the future.
● Observing eclipses from the user's location, from any other place, or from the best location for observation.
● Eclipse simulation with the play button to get a visual representation of the celestial event from its beginning to the end.
● World map showing the eclipse path accompanied by the info about the sun coverage and the moon altitude.
● The map illustrating the gradation of eclipse visibility.
● The list of best places for eclipse observations.
● Eclipse phases, timelines, and other core information.
● Notifications about solar and lunar eclipses.
● Share the information about eclipses with friends.
The app is not limited to upcoming eclipses only - you can choose any eclipse you want to learn about and view it at home or worldwide.
● Audio guide with voice notifications won’t let you miss the desired solar or lunar eclipse. It will accompany your eclipse observation process providing comments on all the stages of the phenomenon.
● Fullscreen informative maps show the visibility of an eclipse and its path. Use them to pick a good location for your eclipse observation. Zoom in and out, check the eclipse visibility for any location.
● Star spotter simulates the sky at your observing location. Find out whether the eclipse will be visible from the selected location. Quickly identify and view solar and lunar eclipses in the sky.
The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with digital compass.
*Advanced features should be purchased separately (via In-App Purchase).
Remember: Looking directly at the Sun can cause serious eye damage or blindness. Never look at a solar eclipse without proper eye protection.
Questions or suggestions for improvements: email@example.com
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Get ready for the next eclipse with Eclipse Guide!
We update the app regularly to make your eclipse viewing experience better. Enjoy the Penumbral Lunar Eclipse on July 4-5, 2020, with the latest version of Eclipse Guide.
+ Several small fixes and improvements have been made in this version.
If you like Eclipse Guide, please take a moment to rate us on the App Store and leave a review. Your feedback is highly appreciated.
For bug reports, comments or suggestions, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Nice App - RECOMMENDED!
I bought this brand new app for the January 20, 2019 total lunar eclipse and it worked flawlessly. I was quite pleased at how it showed the terrestrial path of the eclipse, how complete or partial a view you would have from your location, and the times (and a time lapse video) for the beginning and end of each phase of the eclipse. I REALLY liked being able to turn on the specific alarms/notifications that I wanted (just “click” the red alarm clock symbol in the event list for the ones you want to be notified for). I’ve already gotten my 99 cents’ worth!
That said, there were a couple things I would like to see in the next update. Number one is the option to choose a 12 hour clock. I understand the scientific reasons for the 24 hour clock but conventional timing for both the time lapse video and live clocks would have made the app much easier to use. Also, I really like that you can browse past and future eclipses (with a handy eye icon that tells you which will be visible from your location), but graying out past eclipses would have made it easier to see “when” I was as I browsed.
Overall this app is more than worth the 99 cents, and I hope a few minor tweaks will make it even better. I recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the helpful review, it is highly appreciated. We will discuss your suggestions with the team.
Vito gets it.
These folks are the wizards of the galaxy. I own and use many of the apps they have created. I started out with Starwalk and never looked back. I recently sold a telescope to a couple of college kids. I asked them if they had heard of Vito. “Oh yeah” and then they rattled off the apps they used. This Eclipse app is a bonus. It’s so well designed much like Starwalk 2. I wish it had been around when I was a kid, I may Ave changed professions.
Worth every penny.
Developer Response ,
We're always happy to receive such amazing reviews from our users. Thank you very much for using and loving our apps!
Love this app since it is so versatile and shows you exactly what you can see and when from anywhere in the world!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much! Enjoy!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 142.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Vito Technology Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Eclipse Calendar $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.