Eclipse Guide is a comprehensive and easy-to-use app for observing solar and lunar eclipses. It provides all the info you need to experience and understand any eclipse of the past and the future.
***From the developers of famous astronomical app Star Walk, winner of the Apple Design Award 2010, loved by more than 10 million users around the world***
● Eclipse calendar with the list of solar and lunar eclipses of the past and the future.
● Observing eclipses from the user's location, from any other place, or from the best location for observation.
● Eclipse simulation with the play button to get a visual representation of the celestial event from its beginning to the end.
● World map showing the eclipse path accompanied by the info about the sun coverage and the moon altitude.
● The map illustrating the gradation of eclipse visibility.
● The list of best places for eclipse observations.
● Eclipse phases, timelines, and other core information.
● Notifications about solar and lunar eclipses.
● Share the information about eclipses with friends.
The app is not limited to upcoming eclipses only - you can choose any eclipse you want to learn about and view it at home or worldwide.
● Audio guide with voice notifications won’t let you miss the desired solar or lunar eclipse. It will accompany your eclipse observation process providing comments on all the stages of the phenomenon.
● Fullscreen informative maps show the visibility of an eclipse and its path. Use them to pick a good location for your eclipse observation. Zoom in and out, check the eclipse visibility for any location.
● Star spotter simulates the sky at your observing location. Find out whether the eclipse will be visible from the selected location. Quickly identify and view solar and lunar eclipses in the sky.
The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with digital compass.
*Advanced features should be purchased separately (via In-App Purchase).
Remember: Looking directly at the Sun can cause serious eye damage or blindness. Never look at a solar eclipse without proper eye protection.
Questions or suggestions for improvements: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Get ready for the next eclipse with Eclipse Guide!
The app is ready for the upcoming Penumbral lunar eclipse on January 10-11, 2020. You will find out how, where and when to see this sky event, receive voice notifications and observing tips.
Now you can share the information about eclipse directly from the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Nice App - RECOMMENDED!
I bought this brand new app for the January 20, 2019 total lunar eclipse and it worked flawlessly. I was quite pleased at how it showed the terrestrial path of the eclipse, how complete or partial a view you would have from your location, and the times (and a time lapse video) for the beginning and end of each phase of the eclipse. I REALLY liked being able to turn on the specific alarms/notifications that I wanted (just “click” the red alarm clock symbol in the event list for the ones you want to be notified for). I’ve already gotten my 99 cents’ worth!
That said, there were a couple things I would like to see in the next update. Number one is the option to choose a 12 hour clock. I understand the scientific reasons for the 24 hour clock but conventional timing for both the time lapse video and live clocks would have made the app much easier to use. Also, I really like that you can browse past and future eclipses (with a handy eye icon that tells you which will be visible from your location), but graying out past eclipses would have made it easier to see “when” I was as I browsed.
Overall this app is more than worth the 99 cents, and I hope a few minor tweaks will make it even better. I recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the helpful review, it is highly appreciated. We will discuss your suggestions with the team.
Not reliable at all.
I bought this for today’s eclipse and having enjoyed this developer’s other apps, I expected a working app. Unfortunately, it let me down. At the time of purchase, it seemed to work with a good timeline of the eclipse for my location. Yet when we went out to see the eclipse, it kept telling me that it was not viewable from my location even after manually selecting my city, closing and restarting the app, and even restarting my phone. In the end I just had to go to sky and telescope on my browser to get my timeline instead. Utterly worthless app. I can not recommend it at thus time.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the problems with the app. Would be grateful if you could report them at email@example.com. We will try to fix them as soon as we can. Thank you.
Nice app but can’t go very far in future
I really like the design of this app and it works really well. But at the moment I can only view eclipses through 2022. That’s really not that far in the future and hope this is only because it’s a pretty new app. Hope they make eclipses further in the future able to be viewed soon
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the review! We will add more eclipses in the future updates.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 130.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 Vito Technology Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Eclipse Calendar $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.