Simple, straightforward time tracking. Keep track of your time right in the menu bar and control it with custom keyboard shortcuts. Open the task manager for powerful reporting and time editing capabilities. Export your data to multiple formats.
Your data is fully secure, private and never leaves your Mac. No servers or internet connection required. The app is a one time purchase that works forever - no subscriptions.
• Create, track, and edit tasks, groups & time records.
• Beautiful charts with a visual breakdown of hours, averages, & revenue.
• Filter time by day/week/month or any custom date range.
• Export to CSV, JSON, or iCal. Download all application data as a backup or to re-import it.
• Automatic daily backups so you don't lose your data.
• Archive data you want to keep but not see in your main workflow or menubar.
• Private & secure: data is only kept locally on your Mac.
• Idle detection with a prompt to handle the time when you return.
• Various time formatting, display preferences, & sounds.
• Fully native macOS UI with light & dark mode support and familiar UX.
• Performance minded with a low memory footprint.
• Integration with the Shortcuts app & AppleScript enables building custom automations.
Get an accurate view of your work week - Great for consultants, developers, designers, lawyers, remote workers or anyone!
• Added deep linking & x-callback-url support
• Added time control button to Task Manager toolbar
• Show rate value in record editor
• Change copy for "revenue" to more generic "value" to fit more use-cases
• Fix crash with negative time intervals
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, lightweight time tracker
I'm a freelance copy-editor and proofreader and have been looking for a simple menubar app to track time that wasn't clogged up with a zillion other features and linked to a website with all sorts of power I didn't need or want. After trying maybe a dozen, included several free and paid ones, this is my favorite, I prefer it to to Clockify, Toggl, Timing, GigEconomy, and many others. Granted, for people with a more complicated freelance life, something with more power might be needed. This app is excellent at the few things it does well. Easily worth 2$.
Egg on my face! I had previously written a review about the app not working and that it was stuck. It does work. I had the timer set on showing hours and minutes only. You can set it for showing seconds as well. I was impatient and didn't let it run for the entire minute to see that it was working. My apologies! This app works exactly for what I need it for: simple time tracking and tasks.
I use it to quickly start a timer so I don't always have to login to our project manager online. Thank you for helping me get it running. Nice app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, the timer displays in minutes by default so it would have to be running for a least a minute to see it elapse. There is also a preference to display in seconds if you’d like. Hope you’ll give it another try.
Lacking in features
Want to see how many hours you spent working today? Want to break down your work into categories? Sorry, you can't have both! Tim only lets you see your "all time" breakdown for groups (not helpful) and your daily usage for individual timers.
Want to view all the records sequentially for a day? Also not possible, you can only see all records of all time at once.
Want to search your records? Want to sort the records in your view without opening preferences (why is sort in preferences? bizarre)
These are really basic features, and its very frustrating that Tim doesn't support them.
The Tim UI is so much better than any other time manager I've seen, but my workflow (see how much I worked today, and track the different types of work I did) is not supported. Frankly I'm a little surprised its not supported.
For the dev: The "bar chart" viz for groups should probably be a stacked bar chart, not a pichart. Thus you can see both the relative proportion of subcategories, and the overall daily usage of a category.
If this feature gets added, this goes up to a 5 star.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I’d be happy to refund you if you are not satisfied and chat about features. Please contact me through support in the app, website or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neat Software Co.
- 3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019–2022 Neat Software Co.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.