Plex Dash? Compare both apps on features.varys-app.com!
Varys for Plex connects to your existing Plex Media Server and gives you easy access to several data.
This app requires Plex Media Server v1.15.3 or higher with remote access enabled and working. Please note that most of the features require an active Plex Pass subscription. This app works with servers you are logged in as admin only. Latest version of Plex Media Server is recommended.
Free trial of Varys Pro is available!
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- App for Apple Watch (requires watchOS 6 or higher)
- Easy app linking with Plex Media Server (incl. two-factor auth support)
- List of current streams incl. details like user, player, quality, eta
- List of running conversions incl. details like transcoding speed and remaining time
- Option to terminate streams with optional message
- All details to streamed media e.g. summary, file size, bitrate, resolution, audio/video/subtitle tracks, duration, release date, rating, related media and more
- Watch history for media items
- Cross linking between related media, track/album/artist, episode/season/tv show
- Cross linking to the official Plex app (if installed)
- Cross linking to IMDb, TMDb and TVDb
- Fast server switching (if you own multiple Plex Media Servers)
- Plex Media Server console
- Dark Mode / Light Mode (requires iOS 13)
- Compact mode
- Face ID/Touch ID support
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF PRO VERSION
- Realtime server CPU / RAM / bandwidth monitoring
- Complete user management incl. sending/accepting invites and granting/revoking access to libraries, allow/deny sync, camera upload, plugins, live tv
- Plex Media Server update monitoring incl. release notes
- Playback history (optionally choose Tautulli as source)
- Playback history details (requires separate Tautulli server)
- Recently added media
- User list incl. playback statistics and filter option
- Top played movie/tv show/artist
- Statistics graphically represented as charts
- List and details of all libraries incl. search and filters with access to all media details without having those streamed
- Library size and total duration info
- Library statistics
- Manual update of libraries
- List and manage collections
- Change covers and artwork on the go
- Authorized devices management
- Plex Dance™
- List of all synchronized media
- Live TV & DVR guide refresh
- Number of current streams as app icon badge
- Siri Shortcuts (requires iOS 13)
- Huge number of Widgets (requires iOS 14)
- Lockscreen Widgets (requires iOS 16)
- Today widget for an easy and fast overview of current streams and updates
- Dynamic tabs
- Multiuser support
- Overview over all your servers
Varys for Plex is not affiliated with Plex Inc.
This update contains the following contents:
- New: Added lock screen activity widgets (requires iOS 16)
- Improved: Several improvements and bugfixes for iOS 16
- Improved: Alternative app icon resolution
- Improved: Major technical tweaks under the hood
Do you need technical support or do you have questions on my app? Please use the contact form within the app or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable Dashboard App
I think it’s awesome that we have access to this information, it’s something that it’s already from Plex but it’s not easily accessible from their end, with this that has changed, the only thing I am wishing for for something like this is, the ability to change artwork and manage that info, hope there are some updates planned for the future, so far the app has worked flawlessly, I bought the premium so I can take the most out of it, this has replaced Tautulli for me. The only thing I am not a fan of is the name/logo, but that is just me being picky.
Great app for the price!
Pros: -Has a lot of info about your server -Shows CPU, RAM and Bandwidth usage -Shows history of everything played on the server and by who -Has a Dashboard of all your users and the usage between Movies and TV -Shows if there’s an Update available -Shows all users and their devices that have synced media from the server Cons: -The badge icon only shows activity for the current server. Would be great if could send activity notifications in regards to all your servers like the stock Plex app does -Dashboard doesn’t have an overview of all server activity. Have to go into each Server individually to see if there’s activity.
Great way to check my Plex server
I love Varys! It allows me quick access to a ton of information on my Plex server in real-time. Being able to change permissions for friends, seeing who is watching what, the performance of the server, and much more really was worth the few dollars it was asking for. I’m glad to help contribute to a worthwhile app that really does offer a good experience and is quite easy to navigate. If anyone is on the fence about spending a few dollars, just do it, it’s something you won’t regret.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tobias Fonfara
- 81 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019-2022 Tobias Fonfara
- In-App Purchases
- Varys Pro $3.99
- Coffee Venti $4.99
- Coffee Tall $0.99
- Coffee Grande $2.99