SoloSlides for Google Photos is perfect for that old iPad you have in your kitchen or living room: it plays a full-screen slideshow of your photos on your iOS device and your TV (Smart TV or Apple TV). Photos can be played from Google Photos directly, or your Camera Roll, or from Wifibooth (separate app).
There are NO ads in this app. This app is supported by Premium, an optional one-time in-app purchase that unlocks some features (see below). Many thanks for supporting our developers! There are NO subscriptions in this app.
This app handles gigantic Google Photo libraries with millions of photos without a hitch, because it doesn't try to discover all of your photos at once.
FREE features include:
- Automatically updates when photos are added to / removed from your Google Photos library or Camera Roll
- Display your photos on your Smart TV without installing an app on your TV (TV must support DLNA / UPNP)
- Display your photos on your Apple TV
- Hide photos so the app doesn't show them anymore, without deleting or modifying the photos in any way
- Filtering by album or date range
- Automatically filter out photos of documents, receipts, etc (Google Photos only)
- Share the currently showing photo to another app
Features unlocked with one-time purchase of Premium include:
- Shuffle (random order) or newest-to-oldest (requires Premium)
- Clock (requires Premium)
- Photo creation date (requires Premium)
- Nighttime mode can be turned on to automatically show a dim black screen during what you define as "nighttime" (requires Premium)
Terms & conditions: https://soloslides.app/terms/
- Camera roll: added option to play photos from oldest to newest. We'd love to support this for Google Photos but Google has not added support for this to their Photo Library API yet.
- Camera roll: added option to play videos. We'd love to support videos on Google Photos, but Google has not added streaming support to their Photo Library API yet.
- Increased photo date size
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App will stream Google photos on an iPad.
This app will stream Google photos to an iPad and not limit you to one or more selected pictures or albums. Works well, and will cast to a Samsung Smart TV directly. I can't find another app that has this ability.
Improvements request: ability to play videos in order or at random within the slide show, transition animation, zoom into photos (KenBurns effect), suppress notification on iPad to not interfer, show date of picture when casting to TV.
Thanks for the app.
Works well, except doesn’t run forever
I want to turn my old iPad into a great photo frame showing my google photos. This app comes so close. But it stops or crashes (can’t tell which) about once a day. I want it to run continuously forever. If the developer is concerned about that being unwanted, just add a setting for how long to run in slideshow mode.
The best way to use your iPad as a photo frame
We've tried all the other apps. They're clunky, with weird restrictions and confusing UIs. They also have less reliable Google API connections, needing to keep logging in again and again.
This app is so easy to use. Connects immediately and you just do it once. Has lots of settings including a reliable night mode and it can even broadcast to Apple TVs via Screen Mirroring (autocrops nicely). We love the "hide" photo feature, as sometimes our phone screenshots ended up in the vacation albums!
The UI is very easy, even for my not-tech-enthusiast parents.
A beautiful, simple way to reflect on your memories. If you have Google Photos and a stationary iOS device, this is the app you need for photo slideshows. Nothing else compares.
- Solodigitalis Inc.
- 37.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Solodigitalis Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.