Argo™ is an easy-to-use navigation and social boating app – FREE to download and FREE to use! Find and route to new destinations within the U.S. and Canada, track your boat trips, see boating friends on the water, get real-time local knowledge from other boaters and more!
Want a safer, easier way to navigate your boat? Looking to go somewhere new, or wondering where your friends are on the water?
With the FREE Argo boating app you get:
NAVIGATION AND ROUTING
* Autoroute or Manual – enter your boat’s draft and Argo will create a color-coded safe route, customized for your boat, or choose to manually plot routes
* Map Views – navigate using different map types (Standard, Satellite, Terrain, NOAA ENC, or NOAA RNC) with auto, day or night modes
* Map Data – clean interface with easy-to-use map icons for navigation and points of interest
* Depth & Contours – avoid shallow water with water depth numbers and contour shading on charts
* Trip Planning – see distance, estimated fuel usage and estimated time of arrival (ETA)
* Voyage Tracking – see your speed, estimated fuel usage, estimated time of arrival (ETA), track and GPS position on charts during voyage
* Captain’s Log – save planned, past and favorite voyages in a captain’s log with route and boat details
* Find Points of Interest – search thousands of destinations on the water in selected areas on the map with easy-to-use categories like marinas, restaurants, anchorages, fuel docks, ramps and more!
LOCAL BOATING KNOWLEDGE
*Real-Time Reports – our crowdsourced local reports from other boaters help you navigate safely with report pins placed around you for hazards in the water, map issues and more.
*Place Details – see details for points of interest like fuel, amenities, transient dock info and how to contact. Add places (public or private) that may be missing.
*Local Reviews – see reviews and photos from other boaters for local points of interest
*Connect with Friends – easily sync Facebook and phone contacts to invite friends
*Search for Friends – find boaters you may know on Argo with new search capabilities by affiliation (boat club or marina) or with our friend suggestions for people you may know on Argo
*See Friends on the Water – see where other Argo users are on the water (with privacy settings)
*Chat and Message – send other boaters an Ahoy, or message friends to meet-up
*Social Feed – share voyages, photos and other updates to friends with in-app social feed
Compatible with iPhone or iPad - FREE to download and FREE to use!
CREATED BY A BOATER FOR BOATERS
Argo is founded by a lifelong boater hailing from the Chesapeake Bay that felt there needed to be a better way for boaters to connect and share information on the water. We are also building an active boating community within the Argo app that you can turn to for navigation advice, local knowledge, destination reviews, and more.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY
Share your favorite voyages on your feed. Leave reviews on your favorite places. Drop a local knowledge pin to help your fellow boater. We hope you’ll join us on Argo!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please send us a message... we welcome boater feedback and we’re working hard to make this your go-to boating app!
Something not working? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll fix it.
Learn more at www.argonav.io
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter: @argonavigation
- Resume Your Voyages! If Argo app closes while voyage is active - next time app is opened you will have option to resume unfinished voyage.
- Better Tracks! Improved location tracking while app is in background or closed and voyage is active.
- Improved location search to make it even easier to find places you want to navigate to on your next voyage!
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Functionality and It’s Free!
I was looking at chart plotters for my boat so I could explore new areas of the Delaware river but they’re all more than I wanted to spend. On a whim, I searched the App Store to see if there was anything out there that I could use ( figured I wouldn’t often be somewhere that was out of cell range) and I found Argo. And what a find it was!
I love that there are multiple map/chart types to chose from. I really enjoy floating the river at night - super peaceful! The chart plotting options allow me to do that worry free!
I also like that I can search for destination types instead of specific names. This came in handy a few weeks back when I wanted to fill up with gas so I could extend my cruise. I searched for marinas and found one that was close to me ... refueled and has many more hours of fun on the water.
There are so many other features in the app as well. Captains log - has it. Reviews of destinations - has it. Chat with other Argo users - has it.
Over the past year there has been so much added to the app. It’s really a great tool to have on the water!
This app is very cool & useful if you set the view as NOAA RNC. Much more user-friendly and easy to configure than the others I have tried. When you email the developer/ owner he responds quickly and is open to suggestions. You should get this app especially if you don’t have a yacht wih GPS & chartplotters. I really like that you setup your boat profile including average speed. Then when you plot a course it calculates with really good accuracy the time it takes to arrive. Great app.
Just came back from a fishing trip to Harkers Island, NC. Used Argo to navigate the inshore waters around the Island and Cape Lookout. I'll have to say, the app was indispensible. Very narrow paths thru very shallow waters. I'm not interested in the social aspect of the app, but as a utility, it does an excellent job. I've never boated in that area before, but with the information provided and the courses mapped out by Argo, I was able to navigate the waters with relatively few problems. I will definitely be using Argo on future trips. Cudos, mates!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Argo Navigation, LLC
- 76.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Argo Navigation, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.