Whether you’re self-employed, a freelancer, an independent contractor, or working a side gig, indi is designed for you. indi is an FDIC-insured account² with a Visa® card³ and mobile banking app built for independent workers. Use indi to bank smarter, save for taxes, and maximize expense deductions—all in one account, right in your pocket.
No signup fee. No monthly service fee. No overdraft fees. No minimum balance requirement.
Income taxes are not automatically withheld for most 1099 workers. indi is here to help you be better prepared come tax time.
EVERYTHING IN ONE ACCOUNT.
indi is a single account that lets you visualize your balance as two categories—Okay to Spend and Tax Savings.⁴
GET A PERSONALIZED TAX SAVINGS GOAL.
Tell us about your income, and we’ll calculate an estimated amount you should save to cover your federal and state taxes.⁴
SAVE FOR TAXES, AUTOMATICALLY.
Set up direct deposit to start funding your indi account. As you get paid, indi can designate a percent of each deposit to Tax Savings.⁴
ACCESS ALL YOUR MONEY, ANYTIME.
The money reflected in Tax Savings is available anytime. If you dip in, indi will alert you and increase the percent that you designate moving forward.
Use your indi Visa® prepaid debit card for purchases—work or personal. Categorize deductible expenses as soon as you swipe.
AUTOSAVE FOR TAXES
Set up indi to designate a percent of each deposit to help you reach your Tax Savings Goal.⁴
Capture and upload receipts directly to indi.
NO MONTHLY FEES
Enjoy no signup fee, no monthly service fee, no minimum balance requirement, and no overdraft fees.
Rely on indi for tax payment reminders, intelligent tips, and real-time notifications.
BANK WITH CONFIDENCE
All indi accounts are FDIC-insured up to the maximum amount permitted by law.
SUPPORTED BY PNC BANK
Withdraw cash fee-free at over 18,000 ATMs in the PNC network. Deposit cash at retailers nationwide.⁵
1. A supported mobile device is needed to use this mobile app. Standard message and data rates may apply.
2. indi is a prepaid account. Your funds will be held at PNC Bank, National Association and are eligible for FDIC insurance, subject to FDIC insurance coverage limits.
3. The indi prepaid debit card is issued by PNC Bank, National Association.
4. indi's Tax Savings Goal feature is not a substitute for individual tax planning or for legal, financial, or tax advice. This feature is intended only as a tool to provide a basic sense of your potential tax savings needs. Because indi will not know everything about your finances or your personal situation, your Tax Savings Goal may be more or less than your actual tax liability. The Tax Savings Goal does not account for local taxes. Using funds designated as Tax Savings for other spending may leave too little money to pay your taxes.
5. indi cardholders can withdraw cash at any ATM. Cash deposit locations are limited to Visa ReadyLink merchants; Visa ReadyLink merchants may charge a fee for this service.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
indi is a service mark of numo llc, a subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
PNC and PNC Bank are registered marks of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
©2020 The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC.
Hey there! Here's what you'll find in this update:
- [Improved] Setting up a Tax Savings Goal is now optional when you sign-up for an indi account.
- [Improved] When entering your email address, we'll check for typos to help ensure we can communicate with you.
Have questions? You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The indi team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love my Indi card!
Great product for me as a nurse working as a 1099 employee, I love how it helps me plan for paying my taxes!
So after hours of phone calls I get a response saying they have no way of telling me where my money went all I asked for was where they blame the other bank which never received it I just want to know where the hell my $2000 went they give you generalized answers and no solving of the issue it’s been a week already with my money no where to be found the app does not give you the I formation needed to verify account and routing numbers of an ach transfer and apparently they can’t tell you where they sent it either smh so who is responsible for my money if no one has it but I initiated the transfer two out of four deposits went thru help
Amy’s spot llc
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks for sending this feedback. If you contact us at email@example.com, we would be happy to look into this issue for you. In general, transfers to external accounts may take up to three business days to complete. If your deposit still hasn't posted to your external account after three business days, please let us know so that we can look into this matter for you.
Do not get this card
This is one of the most scammers app EVER!!! they’ll close your account even if you do have money on there I recommend nobody to use this card I’m not the first it was my brother my friend then me my brother had 8000 and they closed his account and it’s nothing we can do😩 DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE ITS A WARNING!!
Developer Response ,
Hello, and thanks for your feedback. We'd like to assist you with your account. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look into your issue.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.