Tomato 2 is a simple application for increasing personal productivity. Work for 25 minutes, take a 5 minute break, then repeat.
New in v2.1:
- Weekly chart
- Website blocking
New in v2:
- Silent mode: Go to silent mode and don't be interrupted when your session ends. Slip right into the zone.
- 5 more minutes: In the middle of something important? Don't take the break right now, but also get a reminder soon.
- Always-visible break timer: Don't get lost on the Internet.
- Setting a goal: Write down the goal of your current session inside the app. Constant reminder to help you stay focused on the task.
Tomato 2 also supports some basic features for the Pomodoro technique:
- Configurable focus and break durations
- Short and long breaks
- Chart of how the current day was spent
- Weekly stats (in-app purchase): Get a chart showing when you worked, how long, and on which task.
- Website blocking (in-app purchase): Pick websites to block, and you won't be able to access them during your Tomato session.
- Fixed the issue where long break wouldn't start in some cases
- Allowing 0 minute break
- Added pause in the menubar
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the review panel
There's a satisfying feeling in filling up your week in the review panel. There's only one unfortunate bug: if you forget to stop your tomato at the end of the day, and it keeps running all night, the review panel will break for that week.
Minimalistic & Work Focused
1) There aren't any fancy designs to keep you hindered from your work. Work Focused.
2) It's still very beautiful
3) The little memo box is very helpful! It's like a note from your past self telling you what you're supposed to be doing in that particular time interval. Very nice.
4) Sometimes you don't want to leave your work, and while other apps rip you out of your Zen to remind you that time's up, Tomato 2 allows you to keep on grooving until you say so. You take charge.
1) Fluxuating between time intervals is a bit annoying since you have to go through the settings. I'd wish there was at least a toggle button on the home page where you can input your 2 most used pomodoro times (Ex, switch between 60 min intervals or 30 min). But, I'll still give it 5 stars since I don't alternate between time intervals too much.
No Fuss and Perfect
The only thing I'd like more is for the time to have an option to be displayed in the top bar (as in tomato one). Other than that it's absolutely perfect for me.
edit: with the time up in the menu bar, I will probably never use another productivity timer again. I love the no bs design and the pomodoro tally. If I could give it more stars, I would!
Developer Response ,
This is fixed now!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.