Tomato 2 is a simple application for increasing personal productivity. Work for 25 minutes, take a 5 minute break, then repeat.
New in v2.1:
- Weekly chart
- Website blocking
New in v2:
- Silent mode: Go to silent mode and don't be interrupted when your session ends. Slip right into the zone.
- 5 more minutes: In the middle of something important? Don't take the break right now, but also get a reminder soon.
- Always-visible break timer: Don't get lost on the Internet.
- Setting a goal: Write down the goal of your current session inside the app. Constant reminder to help you stay focused on the task.
Tomato 2 also supports some basic features for the Pomodoro technique:
- Configurable focus and break durations
- Short and long breaks
- Chart of how the current day was spent
macOS Monterey support
Ratings and Reviews
Minimalistic & Work Focused
1) There aren't any fancy designs to keep you hindered from your work. Work Focused.
2) It's still very beautiful
3) The little memo box is very helpful! It's like a note from your past self telling you what you're supposed to be doing in that particular time interval. Very nice.
4) Sometimes you don't want to leave your work, and while other apps rip you out of your Zen to remind you that time's up, Tomato 2 allows you to keep on grooving until you say so. You take charge.
1) Fluxuating between time intervals is a bit annoying since you have to go through the settings. I'd wish there was at least a toggle button on the home page where you can input your 2 most used pomodoro times (Ex, switch between 60 min intervals or 30 min). But, I'll still give it 5 stars since I don't alternate between time intervals too much.
Great Design for Focus and Productivity
- It's a great design that's very simple, sleek, and minimalist.
- Very customizable settings.
- Has all of the features that you might need easy to access.
- The timer at the very top of the screen is helpful.
- I would love for there to be a way to plan out the the schuedule in advance. This could look similar to the Stats/Review Panel, but instead of having it serve as a reflection on productivity, it could allow to plan out the Goals and duration of each session. This would help so much with productivity and planning and I would love to have this feature implemented.
- I wish there was a way to stop a session early without throwing off the session/break schuedule. (This may already exist, I'm not sure.)
- I wish it was easier to pause a session/break instead of holding down the option key while clicking the stop button. It would be great for there to be a pause button next to the stop button.
- I wish the button to go to the next thing planned (session, long break, short break) was bigger and more intuitive.
Thank you for this great app! :)
Elegant, Simple Tool
I use this timer for its simplicity of design and the way it gently calls attention to itself when it's time for a break or pomdoro to end, while making it possible to glance up to the menu bar and check on your progress. I've used it for years and it's an essential part of my workflow! I don't use the charting, goal, or blocking (Pro) features, so I can't speak to those, but the core functionality is seamless and elegant!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Median Tech, s.r.o.
- 6.3 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Median Tech, s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.