The hardest thing in design might just be choosing colors. Paletter is here to make your life easier by helping you discover and create beautiful color combinations.
Get Back to the Core of Color Theory
• Split complementary
• Click on a color to set it in focus
• Right click on a color to copy
• Hold the F, W, G, or B key for a surprise
• Mix colors and perform WCAG contrast analysis
• Customize the display and copy settings
Made for Mac People
• Cached undo/redo for up to 100 colors
• Dark Mode support
• Touch Bar support
• Works offline
Color Ninja is becoming Paletter, and it’s launching with a beautiful new icon!
For version 3, there are 3 big changes:
• New “Compare” tab for mixing colors and determining their contrast as per WCAG. Just drag a color tile on to the “Compare” tab to try it out!
• Image Color Extraction: get the prominent colors of an image straight right from the application. To apply, simply click on the photo icon in the top right corner, or drag an image into the application.
• Magic Palette Generation: whenever you create a new palette, Paletter will automatically offer a pre-generated palette which you can remove or reshuffle. With nearly infinite color combinations, you’re guaranteed to find what you want!
Plus, four small improvements to prep for version four :)
• Improved Settings panel, particularly with the ability to indent text in the “Custom Copy” input box (because real developers indent using tabs instead of spaces!)
• Lifted limit of 15 colors and 15 palettes to 50 of each (this was just due to a UI limitation)
• Added many new shortcuts; most exciting: Command + [ to navigate left and Command + ] to navigate right
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
I’m going to take a small break before the “final version”.. version four.. I guess I’ll have to come up with four new features then? But… I’m running low on new ideas! (Maybe.) Let me know what you want to see next! And if you’re happy so far, please drop a review - that’s what keeps me going!!!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has saved me tons of time. Working with colors is usually a challenge, as the tools that I'm used to using are too presumptive and/or limited in functionality. However this app delivers. It's a breath of fresh air created by someone who has clearly gone through the same experience that I have in working with colors and solved it for not only themselves but everyone else too. Kudos.
Beautifully Designed Utility
I had a need for easily getting color codes — and then I found Color Ninja and it solved that issue. This is a really well executed and unique interface that makes working with color and extracting useful color data easy. I find myself even using Color Ninja to imagine, explore, and discover even more than I use it as a utility. Well done. Top notch.
updating my review- my compaliant was I lost my pallets from the previous version. The developer was on the case imediatley and got me back up and running with my old pallets. Things happen, I get it— The support is what matters and they shined with their support for me. The app is great! You wont be sorry you have it! Great value too IMO.
Developer Response ,
Sorry that this happened - I did not anticipate that changing the application name could lead to data loss. The good news is, the data should remain on the device and it should be easy to get it back.
1. Close the application
2. Go to MacintoshHD/Users/yourAccountName/library/Containers/ooo.toysinc.colorninja/Data/Library/Application Support
3. Delete the "Paletter" folder
4. Rename the "Color Ninja" folder to "Paletter"
Please send an email if you run into further issues.
P.S. in the next major version, Paletter will have an export feature.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.