Reduce your memory and CPU usage by up to 60% and indirectly your battery consumption by automatically suspending the tabs you aren't using.
How many tabs do you have open that you have not used in hours or even days? That could be making your system run slower. With the Tab Suspender you can set how many minutes to wait before suspending an inactive tabs among many other options:
- Whitelist urls or domains that you do not want to suspend (You can still manually suspend them by using the menu)
- Show a screen shot of the page just before it was suspended
- Detects tabs playing audio and will not suspend them if you don't want it (experimental)
- Detects tabs that contain active forms and will not suspend them if you don't want it
- Optionally, do not suspend tabs if on battery power or no network connections
- Dark mode compatible!
- Suspended pages redesigned
- Context menus
- Screenshots are now saved across browser sessions
- Bug fixes
Release notes from 1.1.0 that you might have missed:
- Allow to temporarily prevent current tab from being suspended
- Better solution for restoring suspended tabs after starting Safari (make sure to grant the permission request)
- Minor menu UI enhancements
- Misc fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you have > 1,000 tabs, this will lock up your computer
It so happens that I have about 1,400 tabs open in Safari (which I’m not proud of), and so I thought that I’d try this app to see if it might be able to tame some of Safari’s RAM and CPU usage.
Well, as it turns out, after running this app and activating its extension, Safari’s RAM usage exploded like a cement truck on Mythbusters. And within seconds, my MacBook Pro (with 16 GB RAM) ground to a complete halt—like, I could hardly move the mouse cursor, and the even the clock in the menubar froze. Finally, macOS poppup up a dialog saying that all system memory had been exhausted.
I haven’t given this app 1 star because it seems likely that this app probably/might work if you have, like, 100 open tabs or something. But if perhaps you have over 1,000 open tabs in Safari, I’d strongly recommend not using this app in its current state.
Useful app from a great dev!
I've been looking for a Safari Extention like this for a bit and this works just perfectly! Seems to save battery and CPU while browsing and having many tabs open. I had an issue with purchasing and I was able to reach out to the developer and he got it fixed for me in a very quick timeframe. Thanks for making this free with IAP for everyone to try it out.
Very helpful developer
When I first started using this extension I had some issues with the in-app purchases so I contacted the developer about it and he was very understanding and helpful. My issue was resolved and I'm now enjoying the premium features of this app. Definitely would recommend it for people looking for an extension of this type. 10/10!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.