The best screen annotation app recommended and used by Harvard and MIT professors.
A macOS menu bar app that helps you give better presentations, online classes, or video tutorials by letting you annotate any screen, highlight your cursor, and more.
You can annotate anything on the screen, be it images, videos, pdfs, code, you name it. Presentify is quite helpful for online teaching, recording video tutorials, giving a demo, working remotely, and the list goes on.
DRAW ANYWHERE ANYTIME
- You can draw on or annotate any screen you wish. Simply select `Annotate Screen` from the menu bar and start doodling.
- A lot of drawing shapes to choose from. You can even write Text now.
- Draw with random gradient colors instead of just plain colors.
- Auto-erase your annotations. Perfect for emphasizing something specific or explaining your thoughts. Also, toggle its behavior by pressing the Control Key.
- You can draw even when other applications are running in full-screen mode. Great for live presentations and during video calls when working remotely.
- Highlighter feature lets you highlight portions of text without obscuring it.
- You get a Straight Line by pressing and holding the Shift Key while Freehand drawing. And, you can fill the Rectangles and Circles with a semi-transparent color by pressing and holding the Option Key.
- Works on iPad connected to a Macbook via Sidecar, Astropad, or Duet.
- Works with Keynote (even in Presentation mode).
- Compatible with all video calling software like Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, etc.
- Works with drawing tablets like XP-Pen, Wacom, etc.
- Draw on a whiteboard (and not over other apps) if you wish.
- You can even change the color of your whiteboard to whatever you feel like.
- A handy control panel to switch between different annotate tools and colors.
- Move the control panel anywhere on the screen by dragging it.
- Completely hide the control panel.
- Do not have to worry about mistakes while annotating.
- You can annotate screen, highlight cursor, change drawing colors and shapes, etc. from any app with simple keyboard shortcuts.
- Customize the key shortcuts as you like.
- Annotate on multiple screens without having to turn on/off Annotate.
- Each screen has its own undo/redo stack so that you do accidentally erase something that you do not see.
HIGHLIGHT YOUR MOUSE POINTER
- With Presentify you never have to keep moving your cursor to grab the attention of your audience.
- Change your cursor highlight color, opacity, size, and more.
- You can also choose to highlight only when you move your cursor/mouse.
- Ability to cut and move annotations
- Spotlight feature
- Background mode
- New mouse highlight designs and animations
- Change the slides of your presentation from your iPhone
- And, many more
Featured on Hacker News, Reddit, Product Hunt, and various other blogs like ifun.de, igeeksblog.com, etc. with more than 230 upvotes in each.
For any questions or concerns, you can head over to presentify.compzets.com and see the faq page or click on the Support link.
- Bugfix in the Cursor Highlight menu
- Other minor improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great! Needs a keystroke eraser and one more thing to be 5 Star
Great app - I use it everyday as a virtual classroom teacher. It's minimal design isn't distracting from what I'm teaching and demonstrating. For me though, it needs 2 things.
1. A keystroke eraser - Right now its either erase everything or use the control z undo. If I need to erase something from the beginning of the writing, I have to undo every stroke or just erase it all.
2. A pointer/click/mouse ability - I cannot interact with any button while I'm writing. I would love to be able to switch back to my pointer mouse without turning off presentify and everything erasing everything.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your insightful review. The two features you have requested are currently being developed. Will be live soon. I can update this comment once I release them.
Stay tuned and thanks again for using and reviewing Presentify.
Handy for math
I've been looking for an inexpensive app to help me annotate on various platforms and applications I use in my math class. This seems like an easy and good fit. I wish the line/arrow option - allowed me to make a line without an arrow, as I often need to be able to connect two points but don't want the distraction of an arrow or don't want it to look like a ray. Connecting two points to create shapes with a straight line is something that is hard to freehand with just the drawing tool. Is adding this as a function possible?
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. Yes, drawing Straight Line is already possible with Presentify. Just press the Shift key while annotating in Freehand. This is also mentioned on the FAQ page. You can even press / to see all the other key shortcuts or features.
Hit the support link if you have further questions. Happy to help.
A must-have nifty utility
I am a professor, and with the shift to online teaching, I needed a nifty utility that stays in the menubar and helps me annotate the screen. This has worked like a charm. The best thing about this app is that it has the right amount of options available at the fingertips. When you are teaching online, you don't want to keep on looking at a complicated menu of multiple choices. You want to quickly make your point and move on. This app enables that smooth movement.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It helps me a lot. If you wish, you can also write a testimonial on the official website.
If you need any help, please feel free to click on the Support link.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ram Patra
- 7.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Compzets.com
- In-App Purchases
- Clap $1.99
- Cheers $3.99
- High Five $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.