A new math game aligned with the Pre-K curriculum for ages 4+. The game focusses on numbers 0-5, with numbers 6-10 coming very soon.
From the company behind the award-winning Teach Your Monster to Read and the Usborne Foundation comes a brand new world for your monster all about boosting kids' confidence with numbers and making math practice fun.
Designed with experts in early years math to align with the Pre-K curriculum, children from 4 to 6 and beyond will enjoy playing the game to practice and reinforce key number skills such as splitting numbers in useful ways using number bonds, the fundamentals of addition and subtraction, counting, and subitizing — recognising numbers of things without counting. The more kids play with these core concepts, the better their number sense becomes, giving them a solid foundation for success in math in school and beyond.
Across 40 exciting levels — with more coming soon — incorporating the latest research on early years math, the game continually adapts and rapidly gets harder as children progress. The pace of the game is tailored to each individual child, only moving on when the child has mastered the concept they are practicing. More confident children can quickly play to the level best suited to them, while ensuring any knowledge gaps are covered — crucial in avoiding problems when exposed to more advanced concepts in the future.
Meet Queen Bee and her friends as you explore the park, customise your monster, and collect prizes to play with in your Prize Palace — learning through play never stops in Number Park. From dodgems to bouncy castles, fun-filled games offer exciting, new ways to practice number skills again and again. Hang on tight, it's going to be a magical ride!
TOP FEATURES WITH AN EXPERT PEDAGOGY
Based on global research findings and developed in partnership with leading primary and early years mathematics experts Bernie Westacott, Dr. Helen J. Williams and Dr Sue Gifford, the game’s innovative approach means kids work with numbers up to 5 — up to 10 coming soon — in greater depth, helping them develop a strong understanding of core mathematical concepts involving numbers.
Children get to practice:
- Counting — including the surprisingly complex array of concepts which feed into this, such as stable order, 1-2-1 correspondence, cardinality, order irrelevance, unitizing etc.
- Subitizing — also known as the ability to recognize numbers of things without counting, research has increasingly shown the importance of practicing this often-neglected skill.
- Number bonds — including how to use them to split up numbers and recombine them in useful ways.
- Addition and Subtraction — building on their work with number bonds children learn the fundamentals of addition and subtraction.
- Manipulatives — the game uses many familiar manipulatives to represent number problems in lots of different ways including fingers, five frames, ten frames, and dice patterns.
BENEFITS OF TEACH YOUR MONSTER NUMBER SKILLS
- Kids have fun while practising numbers — learning through playing mini games make math practice enjoyable and exciting
- Helps kids develop a strong foundation in numbers and math
- Ensures that any gaps in their knowledge are found and filled in
- Curriculum alignment means that kids can put their learnings from the classroom into practice
We’re Teach Your Monster, a non-profit that creates magical, fun-filled learning games for kids.
With the help of friendly monsters, playful design and out-of-this-world storytelling, we work with leading academics to create beautifully crafted games kids love to play.
Trusted by teachers and parents, our innovative products aim to engage even the most reluctant of learners.
We’re part of The Usborne Foundation — a charity set up by Peter Usborne of Usborne Publishing to support early years learning. We believe every child should have the opportunity to reach their full potential in early years and beyond.
We’ve been tidying up the park and getting ready for some exciting new additions to the world. Watch this space!
Ratings and Reviews
My son is having a lot of fun with this game but when he gets to what looks like a claw game to unlock the 2nd number 2 turtle the game completely crashes as soon as the mini game "wakes up." Hoping for an update to fix this soon. 🤞🏻
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry to hear you're having issues with the game crashing. There is an issue with lower spec devices that we're aware of and working to fix as quickly as possible.
App not working
I’ve been waiting for this app to use with my students because they love using teach your monster to read but when I try to log them in, it doesn’t work. It either lets me click but doesn’t go into the game if I am signed in from home, or if I choose school it says that the password is wrong for the student. I have already deleted the app and redownloaded the app.
Crash crash crash
My 5 year old loves to play this game for the 5 minutes it lets him play. Then it crashes every time. He keeps begging me to fix it so we can play more, but after deleting and reloading and trying different devices it’s still crashing. Hope it gets fixed. Seems like a good program.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Teach Your Monster Ltd.
- 179.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Teach Your Monster