From groceries to leftovers, eat your food always fresh and don't let anything go to waste
Save time and money managing your fridge and pantry with Kiff, and always eat your food in its best state possible.
By eating fresh food, you waste less, save money, and help the planet. With a unique UI and beautiful details, Kiff is the perfect companion in your journey to reduce food waste at home.
• Add your packaged food in seconds with the barcode scanner.
• Keep expiration dates under control so you can eat your groceries before it's too late.
• Food open or stored for too long? Track the time since you opened, bought, or cooked your food.
• Set the desired shelf life for each food and eat them before the time runs out.
• Alerts, always on time. Kiff will notify you when your food is due soon.
• Manage the food inventory and automatically add low-stock food to a list in the system's Reminders app.
• All your groceries and leftovers in one app. Always in sight, so you know what to eat at a glance.
• Find out what categories of food you consume and throw away more, and even identify those specific items that you always end up tossing away thanks to the consumption insights.
HOW DOES IT WORK
When you arrive home from the grocery store and before storing your food in the fridge or pantry, open Kiff and add each item to the app. As easy as setting a shelf life and an expiration date, if they have one.
You don't have to add all the groceries at once. Start with fresh produce and food that goes in the fridge or freezer. You can add those items stored in the pantry or with the farthest expiration date later on.
For leftovers and when you cook for the whole week, just right after storing them in the fridge or freezer, open Kiff, and add them. As easy as setting a shelf life and starting the tracker.
That's it! Kiff will remind you to eat your leftovers and groceries before they go bad.
You open the fridge any day, and there they are, the sour milk, the expired yogurt, bad-looking leftovers, or the rotten lemon. The incredible thing is that about 1/3 of the world's food production is lost or wasted—1.3 billion tons per year, around 170 and 180 kilos per person. The output of 30% of the planet's agricultural land (that's greater than the size of China!), along with 170 billion cubic meters of water, all wasted.
Once all this food breaks down, it produces a carbon footprint of 4.4 billion tons of CO2 each year. Between 8 and 10% of the global greenhouse emissions. The third-largest greenhouse gas emitter in the world, just after China and the USA.
40% of all this waste is generated at home—expired produce and discarded or gone bad leftovers that we throw away because we have cooked too much. The annual cost for each family can be a surprising amount between $1,200 and $1,800 US dollars, depending on where you live on the planet.
We build Kiff with one goal in mind: help you eat your food in its best state possible. Because food loses its nutritional capabilities after keeping it for too long, and if spoiled, it can be a risk for your health. By eating fresh food, you waste less, save money, and help the planet.
• Visit https://kiff.app to know more.
• Discover more about food waste at https://kiff.app/awareness/
• Check out our tips at https://kiff.app/support/
• Check out our Food and Leftovers Shelf Life Guide at https://kiff.app/support/tips/food-shelflife-guide/ to learn how long your food can be stored.
This update includes some minor fixes for the Spanish version of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea—looking forward to more development
This is a fun app to use. I don’t find many apps that fill this niche—keeping track of the food we buy and store! What a terrible feeling: finding food that’s been forgotten and expired. With this app, this problem will be taken care of!
Can track leftovers, which is great, too. I’m unsure if I’m not using the app right, but would be good to have functionality to convert a food from “grocery” to “leftover” status. Looking forward to updates allowing syncing two accounts together (to share info with spouse’s phone/app).
Simple and effective
I’m that kind of person who wastes way too much fruit and the app is helping me to keep track of what’s being wasted to purchase accordingly next time.
Big Image…Small Help
App featured on Tech Radar.
Huge graphics hide useful info.
UI is clunky. Needs lots of work.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that the app doesn't meet your expectations. We know some features are missing, and we can simplify some things in the app. The good news is that we are on it!
We are curious about what kind of information are you missing? Can you elaborate on what you mean by "UI is clunky"? We made sure you can see the food's icon, name, stock, and the time until its due date at a glance, and take great care that everything works as expected. Still, there might be something we are unaware of.
We made Kiff to be useful and easy to use for everyone, so your opinion is important to us. You can update your review or email us at email@example.com to let us know where you think we can improve Kiff. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TOPXEL, SC
- 8.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Topxel, S.C.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.