Have you ever wondered how much of your day is wasted waiting for Xcode to compile? Buildwatch is a menu bar app that lets you keep an eye on your compile times throughout the day. With a glance, you can see how much time you spent building in Xcode today and how many times you've built your apps.
Clicking the watch icon in your menu bar reveals a graph that breaks down your hour, day, or week by how much time you've spent compiling your projects. Hover over any segment for a deeper look at the data behind it.
Opening the "More info" window gives you even more control to break down your stats by totals, averages, and schemes. Plus, you can inspect your build times for the month, the year, and all time.
• Automatically open at login, so you don't miss a single build
• Use the default derived data location or tweak it for your setup
• Customize the menu bar appearance to show an icon, statistic, or both
• Select a time range in the color-coded bar graph or jump straight to today
• Cycle between average build time, total build time, and number of builds
• Split or combine schemes in the graph
Once you try Buildwatch, we'd love to know what you think! Leave us a review in the App Store or send us suggestions on Twitter at @buildwatchapp.
• Updates text in setup screens for clarity
• Adds a prompt to review the app on the App Store after consistent use
• Fixes an issue which made the menu item blurry on non-Retina displays
• Fixes an issue where you could not set up Buildwatch if you had recently cleared Derived Data
If you love using Buildwatch to track your builds, leave us a review or follow us on Twitter at @buildwatchapp.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app essential for all iOS developers who care about their build times!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for being a customer! Glad you’re enjoying the app so far.
Does what it says, does it well
Developer Response ,
Thanks for being an early customer! Glad you’re enjoying the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.