Focused Work - Pomodoro Timer 4+
Study + Time Management
- Offers In-App Purchases
"A simple, but valuable utility for creating timed focus sessions of productivity." - MacStories
"Focused Work helps you stay on track better than ever" - iMore
"A tool that helps overcome that first step." - Knapsack
Focused Work is a powerful timer that helps you have highly productive days.
Inspired by the Pomodoro Technique, it’s purpose-built for people who want to focus for long periods of time.
You can create repeatable Focus Sessions that are structured to tackle any kind of task or goal, comprised of Work, Break, and Planning stages.
It helps you be more accountable, reminds you to focus, reflect, and build healthy productivity habits by completing daily goals.
· A simple timer that keeps you on-task
Pick a task. Start the timer. Get stuff done!
· Customise your Focus Sessions for Deep Focus
Add structure with Work, Break, and Planning stages, so you can always work at your best
· Run sessions for Daily Tasks, or Focus Techniques
Tailor sessions for study, mindfulness, and work tasks. Or timed configurations like Pomodoro and Ultradian.
Set reminders to start a session when you get to work, and be reminded to stay on-task during a session
Briefly journal at the end of each session to learn from your productivity habits, and what you can improve for next time
· Daily Goals & Streaks
Complete daily productivity goals that help you form healthy habits over time
· Block distracting Apps & Websites
Restrict access to apps & websites during a session or during particular stages, to avoid breaking focus
· Advanced time tracking with Toggl Track
Assign Projects and Tags to sessions for a deeper analysis on how you're spending your time
Focused Work is available on iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey, offering extensive support for each platform;
· Floating Timer
Always show the timer above other apps, with Picture-in-Picture mode
· Automatically turn on Focus
Trigger shortcuts as you progress through a session; such as turning on Focus to silence alerts
· Siri Shortcuts
Control your session with Siri. Start, Pause, Skip, Restart.
· Session Alerts on all devices
Start a session on Mac, and receive update alerts on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
· iCloud Syncing
Work from iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Created sessions and productivity stats will be available on all devices.
· Start a session from other apps
Start a session from the Share Sheet, Services, Reminders, or any Task Manager app
· Style the Timer, Widgets, and Icon
Customise the app to fit your style, and blend the widgets into your Home Screen
· Productivity Export
Export completed sessions in CSV format
· Privacy Focused
Your data is securely stored and managed via iCloud. No account registration.
· More goodies across the platforms
Keyboard Shortcuts, VoiceOver, Split View & Slide Over, Low Power Mode, Drag & Drop, Dark Mode themes, Quick Actions, Sidebar Navigation, URL Schemes, Menu Bar Timer, Alfred automation
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for using Focused Work!
This update includes a few minor bug fixes and visual improvements, including;
- Fixed an issue where the Mac sidebar wouldn't correctly display a pure-black color when "Pure Black Dark Mode" was enabled
- Fixed an issue preventing displaying a full-width pure-black background on the Timer screen if the Mac sidebar was hidden
- Fixed an issue preventing starting a new session if the previous session was left in an invalid state.
- Fixed an issue where the Upgrade to Pro screen would re-appear after successfully upgrading
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
I love this, I use it every day.
There is just one thing. When I am focused and doing the focused things - these infernal reminders to focus that require me to stop focusing to shut them off are no bueno. And there is no easy way to stop them. I turned them off on one of my devices, but struggling to figure out where to do it on the mac desktop. Please make that an optional thing - that someone has to select to use instead of being automatically set up. It's awful. I have ADD and superfocus when I can FINALLY get myself into the zone.. and it actually disrupts my ability to stay in that state.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review, really appreciated!
It's possible to turn off particular alerts on the Mac app via the Preferences screen. Once the Focused Work app is opened, in the top left corner of your screen click the "Focused Work" menu button, then "Preferences". A new screen will appear where you can turn off the Distraction Awareness alerts. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out at email@example.com. Cheers!
Tremendous App With some Caveats
The app is gorgeous, I love the design. & the core functionality is only matched by two other apps that I know of. Creating custom sessions with URL schemes is super neat. The popover timer, too. There’s just a lot to live about this app. However, there are two things that cause it to lose a star.
1. I don’t understand the logic of being able to start a timer on one device but NOT having the option to mirror the timer on another device. I spent way too much time trying to start a timer on my phone & have it mirrored on my Mac, only to find out that the iCloud sync is limited to sessions & notifications. I think the option should be there.
2. The app uses shortcuts for blocking rather than Apple’s built-in screen time API. If I remember correctly, shortcuts was the way to go before developers could access the screen time API, it’s been out for ages now and is far easier to use from a UX perspective. But I’m not a developer, so I can’t speak to how challenging it would be to implement, I’m just sharing something that bothers me, personally.
I’d love to move away from a different app that I’m using, which is equally gorgeous, morris timers, and has a bonus watch app — but lacks the ability to set custom sessions. However, until the timer mirroring issue option is added, I just can’t do it. But, I don’t think that should deter anyone away from using this app, it’s really great & the developer has done a great job. He’s super innovative.
A game changer for this ADHDer, until the Pro feature pay wall
I have been using this app with SO MUCH success the past few months. As someone with ADHD, task initiation for those BIG projects with multiple steps can be mentally paralyzing to start so having timed sprints to get the ball rolling has been huge for my productivity.
That being said, I’ve been so disappointed with the performance of the app recently. I never had issues with glitches before, but noticed the free features of the app freezing or just not working ever since I noticed a pay wall on Pro features was introduced. It’s hard to identify if this is broader iOS performance throttling for my iPhone 12 Pro or specific to the app, but the fact that my issues started when some free features (like being able to name my sessions because my ADHD means that visual reminders to stay focused are incredibly important) were put behind a pay wall has put a bad taste in my mouth.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Tigas
- 68.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Michael Tigas
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Pro 3 $29.99
- Monthly Pro 3 $4.99
- Focused Work Pro Lifetime $69.99
- Little Tip $0.99
- Massive Tip $19.99
- Large Tip $9.99
- Medium Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.