What is Not Phở and why the name Not Phở? To be clear, there is nothing wrong with Phở and as a matter of fact it is one of my favorite noodle soups. However, there is more to Vietnamese cuisine than just Phở, and many people I know are not even aware that these other delicious dishes even exist!
That’s where Not Phở comes in — it’s a digital cookbook exploring Vietnamese cuisine, accompanied by beautiful illustrations and interactive animations to make the experience memorable. Try your hand at new flavors, with 50+ recipes that include:
• Banh Mi Sandwich
• Vietnamese Crêpes
• Vermicelli Noodles
• Egg Rolls
• Broken Rice
• and more!
These are recipes that I grew up with, and collected and modified over the years, to showcase what Vietnamese cuisine is all about. That said, the dishes and recipes presented are just a small sample of Vietnamese culture, and there is still more to be explored! The name Not Phở was chosen not to deter people, but contrarily it is meant to encourage you to explore Vietnamese cuisine to its fullest, broadening your horizons much farther than just Phở!
Not Phở fully supports VoiceOver, several Accessibility features, and is localized in English and Vietnamese. When an external keyboard is connected, you can even grow or shrink the text size when you need it most using the ⌘+ and ⌘– commands.
Not Phở is available in both auto-renewing subscription and a one-time purchase. The auto-renewing subscription is offered at $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year, and the one-time purchase is offered at $49.99 for up to three years of updates.
• If you choose to participate in a subscription plan, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase.
• The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
• All purchases are final. We cannot issue refunds for purchases charged to your Apple ID.
• Added a brand new home screen with an interactive map of Vietnam that allows you to easily explore dishes from different regions.
• Added a Recipe of the Week.
• Improved scrolling performance.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this because I was interested in the recipes, but now I’m just scrolling through it because it’s one of the most elegant app I’ve ever seen. Icons are crisp, easy to navigate, I wish all cooking apps were this good. It’s a pleasure to just look at, but also it does an excellent detailed job explaining many dishes I’ve been wanting to make. Can’t wait to get cooking!
Phun Phood Phacts
This app taught me more about Vietnamese cuisine in a few minutes than I learned reading menus for years. The graphics are really fun too. Be prepared though, this app made me hungry.
I love how it pronounces the dishes. Can’t wait for more updates with more dishes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mochi Development, Inc.
- 50.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2022 Mochi Development, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Temp Chef Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Sous Chef Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Large Tip $9.99
- Executive Chef One Time $49.99
- Medium Tip $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.