Loosely based on the Pomodoro Technique®, Saent Lifeline helps you focus and find your daily workflow rhythm. Avoid multi-tasking with timeboxed sessions and take breaks on your schedule, not your timer's.
Whether you wrap up sessions after 25 or 90 minutes, Lifeline's automatic break time calculation ensures you take enough rest to maintain optimal productivity throughout the day.
The visual progress bar at the top of your screen—your Lifeline—gives real-time feedback on how you're spending time. Grasp your day's rhythm at a glance and see tomato rewards pop out for every 25-minute cycle you complete.
You can also pull down your Lifeline from the top of your screen. There, the history view visualizes the rhythm of your weeks, months, and, eventually, your life.
Lifeline's scoring system helps you benchmark your performance. Tomatoes get you points, but so does productive behavior like taking sufficient breaks.
PRO FEATURES (in-app subscription purchase)
Plan sessions on your calendar and launch them directly in Lifeline through the Calendar integration. With Lifeline Pro, you can also set custom lengths for your sessions instead of the default 25-minute cycles of the free plan.
Session labels let you use both text and emojis to categorize a session. Ideal when you want to assign time to both a project and an area of your life, like "work," "personal," or "side-projects." You can review this information in Lifeline's info panel or export the data in CSV format.
Pros can also time and track meetings. Lifeline automatically launches into meeting mode when it detects a virtual call and recognizes meetings planned in Calendar to keep track of those too.
"I love your tool for keeping track of time. The concept of seeing the time as a line during the day is mind blowing. So simple, yet so useful."
"By far this is the best pomodo out there, and its calendar integration is really wonderful. I really can't find anything wrong with it."
"This is one of the best time trackers I've ever found, I really like this visual timeline approach, really well done!"
"It's a great tool. I like how it just works even with me being passive about it. Seeing progress just from doing what I do encourages me to try a bit harder."
- Stay focused and avoid multi-tasking with timed sessions
- Auto-start sessions based on keyboard and mouse activity
- The progress bar at the top of your screen visualizes time
- Earn tomatoes and points for every 25-minute cycle you complete
- No forced stops: keep going for another 25-minute cycle if you're in the zone
- PRO: Customize session lengths for guaranteed deep work
- Automatic break time calculation based on the length of your previous sessions
- Earn points for taking sufficient breaks
Track, analyze, improve
- PRO: Use Lifeline's smart session labels to understand what's happening with your time and attention
- PRO: Use emoji categories and text labels to categorize your sessions
- PRO: Export session data to CSV for time-tracking and reports
- PRO: Daily review panel to rate and review your sessions in one place
- Use the visual history view to see trends over longer periods
- PRO: Connect your Calendar to plan and export session data
- PRO: Automatically import meeting data from your Calendar
- PRO: Auto-start and stop virtual meetings
- PRO: Use Lifeline's visual progress bar to time your meetings
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Backup and import your data
- Custom sound effects
Security & privacy
Lifeline captures a minimum amount of anonymized data for basic analytics and diagnostics. The app runs locally on your system and doesn't send any other data to external servers.
More info on the Pomodoro Technique® by Francesco Cirillo: https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique
In this update we’ve added a 14-day free trial option, so you can test drive Lifeline’s Pro features before taking the plunge to a subscription. Upon launching the app, you’re now also greeted by a welcome screen that helps you on your way. We’ve also made small improvements to the interface, the product tour, and fixed a bunch of small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool app, wish for a bit more functionality though
This is one of the best time tracker I've ever found, I really like this visual timeline approach, really well done!
Few things I'd wish developers to add though:
1 - Ability to set our own time limits for tracker (now it counts intervals as 25mins, would be nice to have options to change it to any number I want)
2 - Please remove Start/Stop session on the right click on the menubar icon; I've almost lost good chunk of progress like that. Or at least add like 3sec countdown so I could quickly click again if i don't want to end the session now and clicked it accidentally.
3 - Add more standart "pomodoro-style" functionality, like the amount of intervals you'd like to hit per day, or per week.
4 - Would be nice to see an option to fully expand the timeline on mouse hover over the icon, becasue right now it initially only shows very thin progress bar and not the timeline where you can see the time, please add this option.
In any case, that's a really cool app, and I'm glad I've found it!
Developer Response ,
Hi asfraer, thanks so much for your review and feedback. Glad to hear you like the app and we will incorporate your feedback into the roadmap. If you have more suggestions don't hesitate to reach out by email or Twitter (see app description for details).
Addition on 7th of December 2020: we've solved point two in version 1.3. You can now reverse the mouse-click functionality in Preferences under Basics.
Does a good job timing things
I haven't used many of the more comples features; but, out of the box it does a pretty good job letting me know what oart if hte timer I am at.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Saent Holding Limited
- 20.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Saent Holding Limited, 2016 - 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro subscription $9.99
- Yearly Pro subscription $68.99
- Lifetime Pro subscription $174.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.