Control your HomeKit devices from your menu bar—that's quick and easy.
You can even setup global Keyboard shortcuts or automation triggers that enable different scenes automatically.
For example, I have assigned my F5 and F6 keys to dedicated scenes…very handy to handle your HomeKit devices from your keyboard, while you‘re working at your computer anyway.
And of course you can assign all kinds of shortcuts to any scene, such as ⌘⇧N for “Good Night”.
On my desk, waking up my Mac enables my working light scene…while bringing the computer to sleep turns it off again.
That‘s basically it – a quick & simple app.
Homie makes use of the new HomeKit framework for Catalyst Apps in macOS 11 Big Sur – that's why macOS Big Sur is required in order to use Homie.
Available Subscription Option (annually):
Homie Pro Subscription to get access to all Pro Features:
- Add favorite scenes, so they can be reached with one click in the app.
- Pin sensors to your menu bar, so you can see them with one glance.
- Add global keyboard shortcuts, so you can control your scenes super-fast.
- Add automation triggers for your scenes (e.g. unlocking your computer turns on a specific scene).
This update of Homie resolves an issue where pinned sensor values in the menu bar would not be refreshed automatically whenever new sensor values are available.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome app love the idea it feels like its still in alpha considering its still missing some key features:
- Ability to turn off scenes. Clicking the scene only activates devices, reclicking does not deactivate.
- Hide devices from submenus. Some devices such as hubs do nothing and should be able to be hidden to streamline menus.
- "Turn on all lights" function turns on ALL devices. including switches and fans. It should not.
- Menubar should be a little more customizable. Similar to how istat menus works maybe include ability to include temperature and humidity under the same icon. Ability to add extraneous text on menubar to describe items. If I have temperatures from many rooms its impossible to differentiate between rooms once they have been pinned.
- Menubar button is also missing. A one click button to turn on a device or scene without a drop down on the menubar.
- More intuitive dropdown. Maybe something similar to control center on ios 14 where the most used or favorites are shown as icons?
- A few more automations can be added:
- When app is launched or closed.
- Maybe "if statements" such as location or time of day.
- Combination of triggers.
The list can go on but I do want to state that I love the app and hope devlopement continues! Purchased the lifetime unlock because I know it is hard work and I see the potential. Thanks!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your great feedback! That’s indeed a really good list of improvements. Be assured I’m working on them, and each update should make Homie better and better!
It's nice but as will all things HomeKit based, it's not really set up for a big house like this one. I have literally 100s of scenes, many because it's the only way to communicate with the nanoleaf panels, and they all show up BEFORE anything useful in the menu. So I have to scroll a bit to get to the good stuff. Some sort of "bury this scene in a sub menu" or "don't display this scene at all" would be very helpful in my case. ALSO, I really like pinning specific rooms to the menu bar, but would like to be able to assign them to icons instead of words. And finally, turning the lights off and on is great, except I can't make the lights brighter or dimmer. that would be yet another welcomed addition. This menu bar app looks to me to be well worth the annual subscription rate. I hope the developer keeps refining it and making it that much better™.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your great feedback! The things you’ve mentioned are indeed very important aspects, and I will add them over the next couple of updates. So stay tuned :)
Solid foundation, missing controls for some accessories
Solid little app with lots of functionality. I particularly love the automations when the machine wakes / sleeps (though I'd love startup / shutdown as well). I also love the ability to pin accessories to the menu bar.
I would love to see thermostat control added (and am kinda surprised it is missing). I'd also love the ability to change how an accessory is represented in the menu bar (right now it only shows the name of the accessory). I'd love the ability to give the menu bar item an icon or a custom text value.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frederik Riedel
- 8.7 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Frederik Riedel
- In-App Purchases
- Homie Pro $5.49
- Homie Pro Lifetime Unlock $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.