Save time by managing VA benefits and health care information from your mobile device
The official VA mobile app helps you manage your VA health care and benefits on your mobile device. Use the app to manage common tasks like checking your claim status, communicating with your VA health care team, and accessing your VA benefit letters.
- Use your phone’s built-in security features — like fingerprint and face recognition — to securely access your information.
Claims and Appeals
- Check your claim or appeal status.
- Submit additional evidence from your mobile device.
- Check or cancel your VA health appointments.
- Easily add existing appointments to your calendar.
- Communicate privately with your VA health care team.
Download common VA letters and documents like:
- Benefit Summary and Service Verification Letter
- Proof of Service Card
- Commissary Letter
- Check your disability rating.
- Update your contact information.
- Update your direct deposit information for disability compensation and pension benefits.
VA Vaccine Records
- Review your COVID-19 and other VA vaccine records.
- Review payments made to you by the VA.
- Find VA facilities and services near you.
Veterans Crisis Line
- Quickly access the VA Crisis Line.
Need help with this app? Call us at @800-698-2411 (TTY: 711). We’re here 24/7.
We added general improvements and fixed a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
As someone who frequently uses the VA website for disability claims and healthcare, this is a huge timesaver. I read in another review that there might soon be notifications of medical appointment changes. This would be huge since I’m usually not told when an appointment changes or gets cancelled. The only improvement I would like to see is an ability to refresh the status of a disability claim. For instance it is 4:30 in the afternoon now but it is showing my most recent status from when I checked it at 10pm yesterday. It seems you can only check it once per 24 hours with the app. This is fine most of the time but when they are getting close to publishing a final decision, I’d like to refresh more often. As it stands, this is now pushing me back to the website daily.
I cannot express how much the Veterans Administration in Richmond Virginia has turned my life around making me the man who I am today. I love being a Marine and the integrity it is taught me to be accountable and respectful to others. Problem is, it was a journey that text my soul and my body. The Doctors, Nurses, Specialist, Assistants (not to mention all the supporting roles that interact with we Veterans) at the Veterans Hospital in Richmond have been instrumentally and spiritually and helping me grow and rebuild my body.
Whereas I’ve heard many veterans have challenges that have resulted in given opportunities for their individual growth; of the almost 25 years I’ve been going to the sanctuary I’ve had nothing but outstanding treatment.
This new app has been another tool that has giving me the opportunity to submit this declaration, that I want the whole hospital to know, this is one Veteran that absolutely loves everybody who has done nothing but give and helping us (& me) in rebuilding our lives. From the deepest parts of my body, thank you for everything you have done for me and mine. God bless you all.
OohRah, GitSum. SemperFi!!! 🇺🇸👍🏻
Phillip Mason Burroughs, US Marine Veteran
Useful but lacking
The app is very helpful in being able to quickly look at your claim status and any upcoming appointments. However, it is severely lacking in showing some of the same important information that is available on the website, such as any documents being requested from you, to be submitted by a deadline. Many Vets may not check the website on a regular basis, if they are solely using the app to check their claim status. Also, with the horrendous pace of snail mail notifications from the VA, having that info available within the app, becomes doubly important to be able see it in a timely manner. Also, it would be of great help if there were notifications, or if a badge icon would appear, to show that there is an update/change to a claim in progress, instead of the incessant checking most vets will do in the app, or web page on a daily basis.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 US Department of Veterans Affairs