New Path 1.2.2 - AUv3 support (available as an In-App Purchase).
Create surprising rhythms and harmonies by having colored shapes follow arrows on a two-dimensional grid.
New Path is a unique and playful tool that drastically changes the way you make music. Pick an instrument for each square or triangle (shapes) and let them walk around. Rotate the arrows to alter their paths. Now choose from an exotic list of arrow types to spice things up.
Shapes also have a mind of their own. By using crossroads and teleports they will have to decide for themselves which direction to take. This phenomenon will give you endless surprising results, but you’ll be able to keep full control by adjusting each crossroad/teleport bias.
• Use the factory sets to play around and have lots of fun instantly! Or,
• Create your own sets with the many features available!
Each arrow contains adjustable values such as pitch, note duration, volume, etc, while shapes can interpret these values in their own way. For instance, a shape can add an octave to each pitch it comes across, so it will play all the notes one octave higher.
Use delay and reverb to add flavor, use the advanced preset and generator systems to save and modify the grid, use the rules system to determine what should happen when two shapes meet, and much more.
New Path is also able to communicate with other hard- & software. With the MIDI out feature, New Path can control for example your hardware synthesizers. Use the Ableton Link feature to sync Link-enabled devices and play together with your friends. And finally, the Audiobus integration lets you send both audio and MIDI to other apps on your device (You will need the Audiobus app).
• A well thought out interface designed for both fast editing and playing live on-stage
• Have surprising results with exotic arrow types such as crossroads and teleports
• 70+ instruments such as Drums, Bass, Plucked, Synths, Acoustic, and Fx
• Midi editor with a scales system
• Many useful shape settings such as: Attack, Release, Note Value Multiplier to make non-western rhythms, etc
• A preset system to instantly save and recall grid and shape settings
• An advanced grid generator/modulator
• A system of “If-Then” rules to trigger actions when shapes meet each other
• A mixer with Delay and Reverb
• 5x5 Arrow Cells with data such as: velocity, note duration, note value, repeat chance, crossroad chance, CC out, and much more…
• 9 Tutorials with example sets to get you started
New Path supports
• Ableton Link
• iCloud device sync
• iCloud export/import
• Audiobus support (midi and audio)
• Midi out
• Arrow Skins
• Instrument Expansion Pack
• Audio Unit v3 (AUv3)
• In case you bought New Path before 28th December 2022 (for $6.99), email a screenshot with proof of your purchasing date and we’ll email a promo code for the AUv3 feature (email@example.com)
Get New Path today to create a treasury of musical gems!
* Runs on iPhone 5s with iOS 11.0 and above
Fixed a UI scaling issue in certain AUv3 host apps such as Drambo.
Ratings and Reviews
AUv3 purchase costs 8 bucks 😔
*im changing my review, the app is pretty deep and the sounds are quite nice, it certainly can be used standalone. still upset the AUv3 capability costs 8 bucks, i did purchase it for this reason and figured the IAP would be about the same as the app itself. still a very cool creation
Can’t believe I missed this when it first came out. Happy I found it! This app is DEEP! It works great, super clean and mostly intuitive (although there is a lot going on) Stoked to play with it some more, hopefully this is a new iOS dev we will see more from (either with more features on this app or others!). If you sequence sounds on iOS, this is a no brainer purchase, there’s nothing like it - nothing even close.
Edit: I’ve been playing with this for around 90 mins now and holy smokes… I’m completely blown away by the depth and the little details that make this work so well. I own A TON of music apps on iOS and on Mac and this thing seriously is a work of art at any price. The fact it’s so cheap here is frankly amazing, I can’t even begin to imagine how long it took to build and test so it works so flawlessly. Bravo! My only feature request? Bring it to Mac!
One hour of experimentation with New Path in AUM brings instant inspiration of elements for a tune. It’s a unique concept and I love all the customisation possible. I feel I have only barely scratched the surface. This software is deep! The only negative I hope the developer will adress in a future update is scaling. It’s very tiny in AUM on the iPad. It would certainly help if you were able to scale in different directions..
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jerk van den Braak
- 171.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Zooo
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Unit v3 $7.99
- Instrument Pack 1 $2.99
- Classic Stone $0.00
- Chess $1.99
- Pinky $0.99
- Classic White $0.99
- Classic Textile $0.99
- Hands and Hats $1.99
- Classic Neon $0.00
- Classic $0.00