Noteful is your one-stop note-taking app to experience the new paperless revolution on iPad.
Perfect for annotating documents, taking class notes or even building your personal knowledge system. It is time to put aside the paper clutter, as Noteful is a versatile tool that helps you to accelerate your learning and knowledge work.
Take Beautiful Handwritten Notes
• Natural, fluid and precise handwriting experience
• Precise handwriting on iPad with Apple Pencil native support
• Custom-built ink engine InfiniteStroke that captures and converts your strokes into high-resolution vector ink
• 3 brushes available: ballpoint pen, fountain pen and highlighter
• Switch between pen sizes and colours
• Recognise geometrical shapes
Markup, Highlight, Annotate
• Import PDFs, MS Office documents to a notebook
• Add images, shapes and typed text to notes
• Use multiple paper templates in a single notebook
• Export and share handwritten annotations as PDF
• Use Quick Create to create a new notebook for quick sketching
• Organise quickly by tagging with #tag or even #nested/tag anywhere in notebooks
• More flexible than folders; Notes can be organised by subjects, by topics or by priorities
• Browse notebooks or pages by tags
• Rename, delete or re-assign tags to easily re-organise your library
Layers in Notebook
• Add annotation on separate layers without changing original content*
• Hide or show layers independently
• Rearrange layers
• Make it possible to composite complex layout*
All Your Notes, All the Time
• Sync to all your iPhone and iPad devices*
• Take textbooks, slides, handwritten notes and PDF documents with you wherever you go
• Notebooks synced with iCloud are encrypted via account-based keys
• Erase strokes with eraser
• Double tap on Apple Pencil to switch to eraser tool
• Move and resize annotations with lasso tool
• Unlimited undo, redo
• Support Split View for multitasking
Audio Record Notes
• Record audio while you take notes
• Audio playback position synced with the notes
Modern App Design
• A minimalist UI that maximizes content space
• Streamlined design that requires fewer taps for common functions
• Different orientations are available for the main toolbar
• A clean UI that lets you focus on note-taking and the content
We will be adding new features so please stay tuned for future updates.
Noteful is free to use without time limit but with certain features (marked with*) only available to users who upgrade to Noteful Pro via In-app purchase.
Noteful Pro is available for one-time purchase and the features will be unlocked forever.
If you have support questions or product suggestions, please contact us by support.
Wishing you good note-taking!
Customer Support: email@example.com
- Fixed low rendering quality when exporting to pdf and when zooming in.
- Fixed straight line sometimes can't be recognized.
- Adjust the last handwriting pen according to user feedbacks. Make taper effect more natural.
- Fixed the issue that changing page scrolling direction would jump to the first page.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
Note taking is very easy and there are plenty of templates to play around with. Tags make it easy to sort the notes. The ability to record audio with taking notes is very helpful in learning a new language. Thank you so much for making this app so affordable! I am retired and on a limited income, and just can’t afford to pay a subscription every month/year. (I would appreciate listening to the audio at a slower pace, if possible.)
SO close to perfection
This app is seriously impressive. It is intuitive, and is feature packed. There are two major issues that make this app fall behind GoodNotes and those are 1. the inability to freely resize an image -you cannot make an image longer/shorter only - only resize it while maintaining proportions. GoodNotes is one of the only notetaking apps I’m aware of that has this ability and it’s an important one - especially for digital planning! The other thing is that if you have light/extra bold/etc fonts installed, this app doesn’t recognize them. You can only select the regular/bold/italic options. Missing these alternate weights is a big downfall as well. If these two issues could be fixed, this app would 100% be a 5 star game changer in the notetaking industry!
It’s ok not great but it could be
The number of templates they have are ok but when I take notes I like to take notes on a template that looks like line paper with the header on top I was able to bring my own template from another app so that’s not a huge problem. On top of that the one thing that I did not like that I get from GoodNotes is the ability to search for words that i wrote this app only searches for typed words which is a huge drawback. I like to write my notes and it would be great if I could also look up words that aren’t typed. Other than that everything is good I like the pends and the style they have its just a matter of getting us to a different style.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Noteful Technologies Ltd
- 66.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Noteful Technologies Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Noteful Pro, Lifetime $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.