Pharmacy & Health
- Refill prescriptions in seconds by scanning your barcode
- Manage your medications day-to-day with Pill Reminder*
- Set friendly Rx Alerts for refills and pickups
- Skip the waiting room with a video chat via Live Doctor Consultation**
- Easily refill and check prescription status for you and your family
- Duane Reade customers can use all these same great features as well!
- Print photos right from your device, Facebook, Instagram and more
- Create personalized folded photo cards
- Customize décor items including canvas prints and magnets
- Enjoy Same Day Pickup on tons of great photo products
Savings & Rewards
- Browse the Weekly Ad anytime, anywhere
- Clip coupons and save instantly at checkout with Balance® Rewards
- Track your Balance® Rewards points*** and save at the register
- Earn Balance Rewards for healthy choices® and automatically sync your steps with HealthKit
- Shop products at home or on the go
- Find your nearest Walgreens or Duane Reade with Store Locator
- Use in store to save while you shop Walgreens or Duane Reade
Wondering why we ask for certain permissions? Mystery solved!
- Location: Find nearby stores and enable In-Store Savings
- Photos: Access photos stored on your device that you want to print or share
- Camera: Take photos and to use features that require scanning
- Microphone: Speak to a doctor in Live Doctor Consultation, or search for products and coupons using your voice
The Walgreens App is free to download, but specified rates from your wireless provider and other fees as noted in your Walgreens account agreement(s) still apply.
* Pill Reminder only available on phone
**Available in select states
*** Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. Points will not be awarded to anyone who currently is or was at any time in the 6 months prior to purchasing Pharmacy Items covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or any other government-funded healthcare program. Pharmacy Items must be purchased at participating Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, Duane Reade, or Walgreens Pharmacy locations ("Participating Stores") to earn points. Excludes Pharmacy Items purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies and prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. See Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Questions? Comments? We want to hear them! http://bit.ly/1QhIUbv
Ratings and Reviews
A great app, but having trouble with scanning barcodes
I’ve noticed this for maybe over a year, but I still like the app, and I am just now getting around to writing a review that mentions it. When you try to scan barcodes, even in a well lit room, and holding the bottle so that the barcode fills most of the rectangular onscreen-guide in the camera preview, and it’s in focus, it’s still often won’t scan bottles from my local Walgreens. It varies by bottle, but I’d say at least 50% of the bottles have some type of problem. The workaround that I found is to slowly with the bottle around in the cameras field of you up and down, side to side, and back-and-forth, and eventually it will scan it. It almost seems to do better with the label at a further distance, though not consistently, and I wonder if that has to do with the new were high-resolution cameras on recent phones. I’ve noticed this problem on the original iPhone X, and now also on the iPhone XS Max, I don’t remember if earlier iPhones had the same problem with this Walgreens app.
But overall I still give this app five stars, our use it frequently and I really appreciate the convenience.
You have other options in the app for importing your prescriptions, including browsing your prescription history.
I use Walgreens pharmacy to fill EVERY script we use! I must say that adds up to over 10 prescriptions per month ,if not 15. My family has used every other pharmacy in Lockhart and until we started using Walgreens, picking up a script was a DREADED errand! Long wait times....even longer pick up lines. It seemed no matter how many times I updated our information something was wrong. It has been nice NOT having these issues with Walgreens. Our prescriptions are always ready in a reasonable amount of time. We are individually notified when to pick up or if there is an issue that may need to be addressed. We have gotten to know the entire staff and are greeted personally upon arrival. The pharmacists are very thorough in making sure there are no possible drug interactions. My husband has several serious medical issues and medication changes occur often! We all feel at ease with Dan & Brenda in charge! The entire staff is knowledgeable and I just can not say enough good things about each one. We were even taken care of while OUT OF STATE.
So kudos to you all at the pharmacy in lockhart. The Kelly Family thanks you
Developer Response ,
We are so glad the app makes life easier for you and your family!
Update to include Photo Order Status
The app could be better by allowing you to have access to photo order information/history. I do like the app for prescription status. Why can’t they do the same for photos. I don’t even know if my order is processed or even ready. I placed photo order from my iPhone XsMax at 900am. I received email but never received text or email that order was ready. I called the store at 12:14pm to confirm the order. Many times the store says the system gets backed up and can’t download the photos. I should not have to call store to confirm order. I couldn’t even find and record of my order on this app. I think Walgreens trying to consolidate things on the app but I have to go thru many steps (even logged on to the website) to find or locate info. #hassle. Thinking that my order didn’t get processed, I resent the photo order to another Walgreens.
Update: When I called the lady at my neighborhood Walgreens said the order was ready but the tag printed on the photos says 12:14pm which was the same time I called. The second Walgreens photo order was processed and ready in 15-20 minutes. All I just ask is that the Walgreens app be updated to include photo order status. I hate being in a rush and stop at my neighborhood Walgreens and they tell me that the photo machine is backlogged because it can’t download the photo orders. #2019not1999
Developer Response ,
We're really sorry to hear this. We'd like to work with you and correct the issue. If you can, contact us at 1–800–925–4733 and let the agent know what device you're using. We're more than happy to help.
- Walgreen Co.
- 284.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Walgreen Co. All rights reserved
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.