We help home inspectors save 1-2 hours per inspection. Don’t waste time writing reports after the inspection, use Tap Inspect to easily write effective reports while you’re performing the home inspection. Trusted in over 550,000 home inspections, 96% of home inspectors stick with Tap Inspect.
With generations of home inspection experience, we set out to build the report writing software that we wanted to use for our own inspection businesses. The Tap Inspect mobile app is the easiest report writing system available and allows us to save up to 10 hours per week by publishing the report before leaving the property.
* Select a default or customized home inspection template
* Work through that template’s home inspection checklist at the property
* Take photos directly within the app while you’re performing the inspection
* Add circles, arrows, rectangles, and text to your photos to emphasize issues for your clients
* Easily write custom comments or choose from your library of popular comments
* Preview final inspection report, review comments and make edits
* Publish your report online and deliver to clients before leaving the inspection
* Get notified when clients receive the home inspection report
* Connect your Inspection Support Network or HomeBinder accounts to seamlessly synchronize scheduled inspections and finished reports
FEATURES & VALUES
* Save 1-2 hours per home inspection by completing report before you leave.
* Tap Inspect is easy to learn and use with our library of demo videos.
* Our inspection reports are structured to quickly communicate the info clients need most.
* Call or email us for reliable technical support right from the app.
* Upload company logo and attachments to personalize your report pickup page.
* Securely back-up all reports, libraries, and templates on our web server in case your phone or iPad gets lost, stolen, or broken.
* Fixed a crash when searching for a saved comment
* The synchronization status bar is now more accurate
* Miscellaneous behind-the-scenes improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app! It’s very user friendly and adaptable to my style of inspection. Very easy to change templates and customize, based on the needs of the client (or me.) I’ve built enough of a library (previous comments) that I spend more time inspecting and being thorough, than I do report writing. I’m capable of finishing reports while on site, but generally complete and polish within an hour after I’m done (mainly, because I choose and like to edit and mark-up photos, all of which is done in the app.)
If you’re a new inspector, I can’t say enough about how well Tap will help you leave “no stone unturned.” It’s all about CYA, right? There are red question marks for everything you have not addressed, until you address it.
User/subscriber since 2013.
First run, very pleased!
I’ve struggled for more than 5 years with inspection reporting software from a nationally known home inspector training provider. I worked directly with their software development team pointing out bugs and programming flaws and suggesting needed features and improvements. In that period only 1 or 2 of countless issues were fixed. In fact it seemed like each bug fix/update addressed one issue while creating 2 new ones! Today I used Tap Inspect on the job for the first time and I was blown away with how easy and effective it is. I spent a week prior adding my custom comments and tweaking the report template to my liking and everything went off today without a hitch (2 hrs on the job, 30 min write-up)! The default templates will suffice for any novice inspector and the customizations that can be made to report templates will allow the most seasoned inspector to produce a good looking, thorough report for commercial, residential, new construction and any other type of inspection. I’m looking forward to a new chapter in my home inspection career. Thank you Tap Inspect! I look forward to growing with you. 4 out of 5 stars ‘cause I believe in perfection ;-)
Finally a sensible intuitive app that can be used on site for a Home inspection. If you have been looking for other options this is definitely worth looking into. It has already saved me time and frustration compared to the desktop leashed crash prone system have been using.
Manages photos nicely and it is easy to modify, add, or delete the report categories as needed. It does not have tie-ins with appliance recall or warranty registration program add-ons or home energy star rating compatibility. It does allow you to use your own logo but there’s not much else you can do to change the appearance of the report.
I have been using it with an iPhone X and an older iPad. I can switch from one to the other to view or edit reports, so far it works very well. If there was 4 1/2 stars I’d go with that.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tap Inspect Inc.
- 57.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Tap Inspect Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.