Finally, a full-featured podcast app that just works - no hiccups or crashes. Download and stream episodes, manage subscriptions, create playlists, discover new podcasts. Crafted with love - extremely fast, smooth, and easy to use.
"Podcast addicts will love this app" - AppAdvice
PODCASTS DELIVERED YOUR WAY
• Complete iTunes catalog: 500,000+ podcasts
• Download and stream over WiFi and Cellular
• Play pre-downloaded episodes when off-line
• New episodes auto-downloaded in background
• Lightning-fast feed updates and downloads
• Never have to sync with computer again
• Quick start by importing your subscriptions
• Best of talk radio - news, sports, tech, comedy
• NPR, CNN, BBC, NBC, ESPN, MLB, NYT, WSJ
UNMATCHED PLAYBACK CONTROL
• Playback speed: 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x, 0.5x
• Continuous playback, edit Up Next on the fly
• Gestures for play/stop, fwd/back, next/previous
• Adjustable skip intervals for fwd/back buttons
• Precise multi-speed slider for fine scrubbing
• Landscape and full-screen modes for video
• Listen in background, even to video episodes
• Control remotely while driving or exercising
• Lock screen controls and episode information
• AirPlay support, Bluetooth audio and controls
• Sleep timer
DISCOVER NEW PODCASTS
• Browse top podcasts in 16 categories
• Search by podcast title, author, or description
• Select country for searching and browsing
• Import and Export subscriptions in Opml format
• Subscribe to any podcast feed using its URL
• Full support for password-protected podcasts
• Create regular and smart playlists
• Add, remove, rearrange episodes in playlists
• Smart playlists with many filter and sort options
• Set auto-download rules for new episodes
• Or select episodes and start download manually
• Manage download activity in the queue
• Share episodes by email, twitter, facebook
CONTACT US: EMAIL, FOLLOW, LIKE, SHARE
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Added VoiceOver to player buttons
Ratings and Reviews
What Apple should have done with their app.
When using this app, I think to myself, “Man, it would be nice if there was a shortcut to do this...oh wait...the developer thought about that and made an easy way to take care of said task or problem”. Good job making the app everything it should be. 👍🏻
Now, the rest of this is for Apple:
This app takes care of the lack of a good built in iPhone Podcast app. Don’t get me wrong Apple, Microsoft still beats anyone/everyone in terrible UI design. Just an IT guys rant about change for the sake of change, and not because we are adding/improving features. Do us all a favor and keep the designers and creatives away from the Dev team’s technical progress (if it’s not broken don’t try and fix it). Honestly at this point, you should buy the rights to this app because yours is missing simple features! Again, not hating on you because Microsoft takes the technical flub award every time. At least you guys test your software before releasing it to the public.
I've been using this about 5 months, before that I was using iTunes and the default player. The best thing is the extra control such as more playback speeds. The most annoying thing is that it tends to download a podcast but not be able to play it. It happens most often on networks in hotels for some reason. Even at the house though it can occur occasionally. There should be a way to redownload those. They can be selected and sent to the queue but the queue will then remove them since it will not download already downloaded podcasts. There needs to be a check when items are added to the queue that retries if the podcast is invalid. I would also suggest an additional option for controlling the total amount of flash reserved for all podcasts. Definitely pleased with it besides the above issues. (Updated) A few times a week when the player finishes one podcast and switches to a new one, there will be silence. The podcast is playing but is muted. Usually it recovers and starts playing after 30 seconds or so. If you change the playback speed, jump backward, or the volume, then it un-mutes. Different podcasts have different volumes. Under iTunes you can select to have the podcasts volume leveled which helps somewhat. During playback a few times a week the volume will decrease suddenly, if you jump back and forward this usually fixes it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Lineshot, to re-download episode, you need to delete its media file first. Let us know if this helps and if you like our new releases. Thanks! email@example.com
Good App, Add. Smart Playlist Features Be Nice
I like the layout and simplicity of this app. It displays all podcasts’ available episodes by default (without having to navigate and expanding views), which saves a lot of time. The use of smart playlists and notifications to sort through new episodes keeps things manageable and focused, as opposed to having to go through each show’s page or an uncustomizable list. I DO wish there were a browsable library, so it were easier t discover shows without importing an OPML file or feed from another source. I also wish smart playlists had more sorting criteria, e.g. “Excluding podcasts” in addition to episodes “From All Podcasts,” as I want to exclude two podcasts specifically and must manually revise my smart playlist any time I subscribe to new shows. Also, the option to choose “Played Only” in addition to “Unplayed Only” episodes would be helpful for anyone looking to create both a later-listening queue (unplayed) of starred episodes while also maintaining a smart playlist of favorited past episodes (played). The first is possible, but the latter is not. Overall, happy with the app.
The developer, Obsessive Coders, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Obsessive Coders, Inc.
- 6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Obsessive Coders, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.