Covering all the essentials and more, Kdan PDF Reader is the world’s leading PDF editor on the market. Its expert features allow you to view, annotate, combine, organize, and sign PDF forms with ease. Extract text content from images through the OCR converter. Quickly backup and send files to friends, classmates, and colleagues via email or any popular Cloud storage service. Optimizing your work quality and productivity has never been this easy!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Featured as “10 Essentials” in Utility on iTunes
- Featured in “10 Best PDF Reader Apps For iPhone & iPad 2019” by FOSSBYTES
- Featured as “Best Utility App” in App Store Rewind
***WITH PDF READER YOU CAN***
CREATE & ACCESS FILES
• Create and combine scans to multi-pages PDFs
• Extracts texts from images for further editing with OCR (optical character recognition)
• Get files from Kdan Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, FTP, or WebDAV client
• Supports all mainstream file formats, including Vitrium* PDF format (Like University of Phoenix Ebooks)
• Text Reflow & Auto Flow
ANNOTATE & REVIEW PDFS
• Highlight, underline, and strikeout text
• Add pre-designed stamps, including Approved, Sign Here, Confidential, and more
• Insert shapes, sticky notes, and text boxes
• Fill PDF forms
• Send out annotations as a summary
• Save annotations as XFDF format
• Remove all annotations with one single tap
SIGN ON THE SCREEN DIRECTLY
• Sign contracts and agreements with signatures
• Store and manage signatures from within the library
• Add signature image to PDFs
WRITE ON PDFS
• Use your finger or Apple Pencil to add handwritten notes
***UPGRADE WITH DOCUMENT 365***
Document 365 is a comprehensive, cross-device, document solution that includes Kdan's best PDF Reader mobile and desktop apps along with online converting and faxing services.
***WITH DOCUMENT 365 YOU CAN***
UNLOCK ALL FEATURES IN PDF READER
• Work across iPhone, iPad, and Mac
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• Present a PDF as a slideshow
• Night mode
• Attach audio notes, insert images & add hyperlinks to PDFs
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD
• Control the access to the app with a password, Touch ID, or Face ID
• Add password protection to PDFs
• Remove the owner password and restrictions from PDFs
EDIT PDF PAGES
• Rotate, rearrange, add, & delete PDF pages
• Extract pages or images from PDFs
• Add text & image watermarks
• Merge & split PDFs
• Convert files to and from PDF format
• Send faxes from your devices
• 1 TB storage space on Kdan Cloud
• Annual plan: billed annually at $59.99/year after 7-day trial ends
• Quarterly plan: billed quarterly at $19.99/quarter after 3-day trial ends
• Monthly plan: billed monthly at $9.99/monthly after 3-day trial ends
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period. You may manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Follow us on LinkedIn: Kdan Mobile
You always can find us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out https//support.kdanmobile.com
■ Integrates with Apple’s PencilKit for a better drawing experience when using the freehand writing tool (Available for iOS13 and later)
■ Turn handwriting into text with Scribble when filling out forms and note taking (Available for iPad)
■ Quickly glance through your recently opened files right from your Home Screen
■ Start new scans, conversions, and search with just one tap
■ Convert PDFs to Office documents via the built-in converter
■ Users with subscriptions can choose either convert files via the built-in or cloud converter
■ Free users can convert the first 3 pages per file for free
Sharing & Action Extension
■ Export web pages and photos as PDF files
■ Edit PDFs using PDF Reader’s editing tools directly from within other apps
■ Overall stability and performance improvements.
From past releases:
■ Sign in with Apple
■ Support to markup images
■ Keep your screen awake when viewing PDF documents
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pleasantly Surprised by this App
I came across this app while searching for a quality PDF viewer/editor for my iPad Pro. I was surprised to learn PDF reader can not only read, but also annotate locked/secured PDFs. I'm not sure I want to purchase the app, but only because it seems to be subscription-based rather than a one-time purchase fee. This is the main reason I give the app 4-stars instead of 5. The other reason is more subtle when it comes to using the annotation tools (like when you select text to apply highlights, underlines, etc., you have to choose the action from the contextual toolbar rather than the toolbar on the side of the screen). However, I have only been using the app for about three days. So when I have a chance to use it longer and also investigate the pricing model, I may update or prepare a new review. In the mean time, get this app.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thank you for the review. We understood your concerns. First, the Creativity 365 subscription plan offers all advanced tools and services in our main featured apps, including PDF Reader, NoteLedge, Animation Desk, Pocket Scanner, and Write-on Video. You can try it out for free before you decide to purchase. If you cancel it before the trial ends, you won’t be charged.
Second, we provide two ways for users to annotate PDFs. Select text and then choose the actions from the pop-up menu bar (as you mentioned). The other one is to tap on the icon on the sidebar and then tap on the content you’d like to highlight or annotate.
We will have a new update soon so please stay tuned! If you have any further questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. We are always happy to assist you.
Finally, I can say that I found the ultimate PDF reader. I have used several different PDF readers before but I did not find them fit for me. This app is by far my favorite one. However, the reason I gave it 4 stars is due the struggle whenever I try to select a word. It is not as smooth. Hopefully, developers are going to take care of that as well as allow the built in IOS Reading Selection feature to work without having to upgrade to get this feature.
Full featured, but confusing as well to use
I played around with this app at a friend’s suggestion and there are definitely features I like about it. But, my two biggest complaints are these: 1) Way too many frequent ad pop ups that try to make you buy into something. Note to developer: Give people a chance to try the program without all that confusion and distraction for a few days. It only serves to frustrate a new user when you’re trying to figure out if the app will work for you. And 2) When I tied my Dropbox to the app I expected to be making changes to file I was working on connected to Dropbox, not downloading and edited the file on this program. It defeats the entire purpose of Dropbox! I have several other pdf editors and readers and this is the first to separate the file from Dropbox.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Thanks for the suggestions. With respect to the pop-ups, users will see the pop-ups only when tapping on the locked features or you stored more than 10 files in the app. We offer free trials to users to try out the advanced features for free (You can cancel it before the trial ends.) As for the Dropbox issue, PDF Reader currently enables you download the file and save it within the app for further editing. If you want to sync the edited file to your Dropbox, you have to use the "move" tool in file management mode to move the edited file to your cloud (No auto-sync support yet). If you still have questions and other suggestions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to assist you. Thank you.
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 291.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2020 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Deluxe PDF Pack $5.99
- Document 365－1 Month $9.99
- Upgrade to Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.