Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching
- Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilization smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilization
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Color naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customizable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
This is a compatibility update to get you ready for all the new hardware coming your way.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Plz fix bugs, add a text tool and shape tool
This is the superior digital art program for iPad, but it’s missing a few fundamental features that nearly all others have to offer! I have to edit my comic pages in another app for text and speech bubbles. I would like to shortcut this step by just having a complete app. Give me proper shape tools and text tools! Selection is too much of a hassle and the auto shape function doesn’t create perfect shapes about 80 percent of the time. Though it’s a handy tool, I want a conventional shape tool as well.
Secondly, the app has been acting really weird on me lately. When I open the app, it opens a completely random file as opposed to opening me up to the main selection menu. That is annoying, but doesn’t prevent me from using the app unlike this next one.
When I add a new layer, the app freezes up and crashes. And I’m not using an excessive amount of layers, the resolution is small too. Sometimes when I’m switching from eraser back to pen or changing layers, my pen size suddenly gets ginormous. I have to undo the line and then do a scribble to fix it. It’s extremely annoying. Not very much of an inconvenience until it happens frequently enough for me to notice, and I just wish it would end bc I must have wasted accumulated hours just scribbling to fix the pen back to its proper size. The app didn’t always treat me this way, so I’m not sure what changed. But I want it to work as seamlessly as it did almost a year ago.
Developer Response ,
Hi Beef n Stuarts - Thanks so much for reaching out about this. Adding more tools for our users creating comics is something on our roadmap. However, we cannot yet make any promises which tools will be included and by what time.
The issues you're experiencing with freezes and crashes though sound quite worrying. Do you possibly have a video of these happening that you could send through to support.procreate.art? We would like to have a look into this for you. 💜
I love Procreate so much, having a iPad Pro with a Apple Pencil works so well with this app, the price is worth buying it. Tbh I stop using my laptop for drawing since the drawing and painting feels so natural and smooth though sometimes when I try to use the short cuts it won’t work other than that it’s works like a charm.
There are some things that could be worked on, color picking a color from a reference or from the color wheel isn’t the exactly what it should look like while painting with it, it’s a little bit off, though It’s not noticeable at first (it’s not a big problem at all it just something I’ve noticed while using Procreate over the years) and now the blending tool, the blending tool can be really good but sometimes the blending tool can be frustrating to work with and sometimes while blending it makes the color muddy or won’t give a nice type a texture, I know sometimes it can be what brush you use for the blending tool. It would be nice to get a better version of it, also it might be a bug or something but when I leave a painting and go back I lose some of the progress of the painting and I haft to redo what I’ve already done.
Other than those small details this is the best app for everyone it’s easy to use, you can create masterpieces with it, I wouldn’t go to another drawing app, I would say THIS is a app that you should try out. Everyone from 3 to 90 years old can use this app. It’s the best app out there just get it try it out !!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi JillyBean91334 - Thanks for the rating and for bringing these points to our attention! When using the Eyedropper tool, it can take into account the colour input from other layers, so this could be why you're noticing the colour deviation. Also, if you'd like some help with this Smudge Tool trouble, we'd be more than happy to offer assistance.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll jump in and assist.
Thanks for the review!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 599.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.