"Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Summer is in retreat. Maples are mellowing; lawns are yellowing. And those aggressive Canadian geese? They’re ‘bout ready to cash in their frequent-flier miles for the warmer pastures of Myrtle Beach, Miami, and Monterey. Clocking speeds upwards of 40 km/h — and covering 1000+ km in a day!! — we’ll pardon their obnoxious honking, because they’ve seemingly gobbled up all the extant Transit bugs for fuel!
LATE SUMMER “THANK GOOSE” BUG FIXES:
- If your transit agency cancelled a departure — womp womp — we used to just remove it from your upcoming list of departures.
- While it used to happen very rarely (e.g. a driver was late to their shift, or got reassigned to a more urgent route) cancellations have become more frequent during the pandemic.
- In all cases, there was no explanation for why a trip disappeared!
- So we’ve made it crystal clear that a trip’s been cancelled: crossing out the departure with an unambiguous s-t-r-i-k-e-t-h-r-o-u-g-h. Bad news, yeah, but at least now you know.
- Now live in: Baltimore, Boston, Montreal, San Jose, St. Louis, more.
Et quoi d’autre?
- When you searched directions for an “all-day” calendar event, we used to suggest trips that began at midnight (0:00)
- Now, when you tap an all-day calendar event, we assume you want to leave at an eminently more realistic time (right now!)
- Miscellaneous map layers (like voting stations) were temporarily mixed with other mobility layers (bikeshare stations, scooters, etc.)
- No more living dangerously… they’re now separate in the settings
- Planning a trip in the past? We’ve reinstated 100% opacity for Transit’s trip planner time travellers
Rate us five stars to go H-O-N-K. Find bug? Blame goose: tweet us @transitapp and we’ll fix it for ye, pronto.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of apps can offer driving directions—but what if you’re not driving at all? That’s where Transit comes in. The travel planning app shows you how to get from point A to point B via train, bus, rideshare—and now even bikeshare and scooter. The app will seek out your best route, offer a few alternate options, and let you know how long you can expect to be in transit.
I LOVE this app but just a suggestion
I really LOVE this app I use it ALL OVER the United States when I've traveled in/to Las Vegas, NV to Florida to NYC, I've recommend it to many of my friends throughout the States even in Hawaii.
I think it would be neat to "ADD" to the app a route of our own from "Loc-A to Loc-B" besides what's offered, to see at times which way may be more economical in timeframe. I know many many routes of traveling from using the (San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency) SFMTA - The Bay Area/Golden Gate, (Regional Transportation Authority) RTC/Duce - Sin City, (Regional Transit Authority of Tennessee) RTA - Music City, and (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) MTA - The Big Apple, etc. You get the point.
The way I go at times is much faster even if I have to transfer alot it doesn't bother me, but it never pops up. I have to calculate backwards & forwards, guesstimate and hope I get it right. In addition, sometimes just sometimes we should also be able to add delays or if the bus is ahead of schedule. Ex: If something happened on the road that's delaying the buses but really has nothing to do with mechanical issues or if a bus is running behind or ahead of schedule so that perhaps other people who are using the app may find alternate routes to their location(s) instead of looking like a slow loris perplexed waiting for a bus that may have or may not have pass by.
Pay Close Attention
This app is essential for my travel to and from college. I've noticed however that the time it tells you to leave is way too late every time, and I end up missing the bus by a minute or two. Even leaving earlier than the recommended departure, I will miss the bus. Not only that, but it has no way of alerting you when you've taken the wrong bus. It says "Unplanned Detour" which is really inconvenient for someone new to public transport who doesn't know the stops for other buses. You'll believe you're on the right bus and there IS a detour, maybe because the stops are correct up until a certain point when really the app just can't track you because you're obviously not on the route of the bus you were supposed to take. Please find a way to fix this. I don't know if you could make some sort of route recognition that would know if you've taken an actual detour or if you're simply on the wrong bus. On top of that, it gave me an estimated arrival at my destination, changed to a half hour later. All when the bus was the WRONG bus. Why on earth would there be an estimated arrival for that, if the bus is never getting there in the first place?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- 171.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Transit App
- In-App Purchases
- Transit Royale - Annual $24.99
- Transit Royale - Monthly $4.99
- Transit Royale - Annual $19.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.