Due just doesn’t let you forget. It is the reminders app that actually helps you get stuff done. It captures your reminders quickly, reminds you persistently, and allows you to reschedule them effortlessly.
1. Captures Intelligently
It’s blazingly fast to set reminders with Natural Date Parsing. Type “Make dinner reservation at 9am tomorrow” and your reminder is set for 9 AM tomorrow. There are no awkward date pickers to fight with, nor rigid date and time format to follow. Your reminder is set as soon as you’re done typing.
2. Reminds Persistently
Auto Snooze sends you periodic notifications of reminders that are due until you complete or reschedule them. This way, things actually get done and your todo list never gets stale.
3. Reschedules Quickly
Plans change. Things happen. The same Natural Date Parsing engine that makes setting reminders so easy also makes short work of rescheduling them. And with Bulk Edit, you can reschedule multiple reminders at once.
4. Repeats Flexibly
Vitamins before bed each night? Pay rent every 2 weeks on Monday? Submit a report on the last weekday of the month? Clean aircon filters every 3 months upon completion? Yup, yup, yup and yup.
5. Reuse Effortlessly
Timers are perfect for reminding you of things after a fixed amount of time. Your 25-minute pomodoro, 1-hour laundry cycle, or a 12-hour overnight bread proofing comes to mind. You set them up once in Due and reuse them forever.
6. Adapts Obligingly
Whether you’d like to have Due show up in your menu bar, hide it from the Dock, or run it completely off the menu bar, Due adapts to your preferences. Notifications are completely customizable too. You can also assign distinctive alert sound for each reminder—louder and longer ones for important reminders, and subtler ones for less critical reminders.
7. Functions Beautifully
Form and function are delicately balanced with a refined design that makes sure your reminders are always front and centre. And themes—light ones, dark ones, fun ones—we’ve got them all covered.
8. Complements Perfectly
For some of us, the Mac is where we feel most at home with our keyboard and shortcuts. Fully optimized for keyboard operation, Due for macOS makes creating and managing reminders a cinch. The iPhone and Apple Watch, being always with us, make great devices when it comes to reminding us. Together, they make remembering easy, forgetting impossible. It's a perfect partnership.
9. Syncs Seamlessly
Due can sync across your devices using your personal iCloud or Dropbox account. This means you can seamlessly move between devices, all without having to create any accounts with us.
* Due for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch is a single product sold separately.
WHAT’S THAT IN-APP PURCHASE ABOUT?
When you purchase Due today, you will have access to every feature in the app today—no further purchase is required.
You will also get access to all new features released one year from your date of purchase.
The optional Due Upgrade Pass subscription allows you to continue getting access to all new features released one year *after* your date of purchase.
And here’s the deal: Every feature that you have unlocked will remain available to you, forever—even if you stop subscribing.
Even without a subscription, you'll always receive bug-fix and compatibility updates for free. These updates add support for the latest Macs and also help ensure that Due continues to function well on the latest versions of macOS.
Requires macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 or later.
Two Brand New Themes: Calcite and Obsidian
Featuring light and dark appearance with translucent sidebar.
See more of your reminders by hiding checkboxes.
Recently Used Alert Sounds
Up to 3 recently-used alert sounds now appear at the top of the sound picker #148
• Tabbing through the input fields in the reminder editor now works correctly (thanks David H.)
• Fixed unlocalized strings appearing in notification for languages that are not currently supported (thanks Pelle W.)
• Fixed visual glitches in What’s New screen when ‘Show scroll bars’ is set to ‘Always’
• Fixed inconsistent wrapping of reminder text across multiple lines (thanks John, C.)
• Popover arrow in editor now matches the background color #180
• Fixed the lost of keyboard focus in editor after responding to this/future occurrence prompt #193
• Running a shortcut with the built-in macOS ‘Add Due Reminder’ action no longer causes Shortcuts to stall #194 (thanks @AWZone)
• Improved parsing day-of-week with time (e.g. Monday 10am) #114
• Reduced false positives of military times
• Zero-padded single-digit number now interpreted unambiguously as the AM-equivalent (e.g. 02 = 2am)
• Now supports x-callback-url when creating reminders with the /add URL scheme #146
• Links in notification are now styled #187
• Creating a reminder with URL scheme no longer brings up the main window when possible (thanks @vitorgalvao) #183
• Quick Create hotkey can now be used to dismiss an opened editor #192
• Section headers now use system font when system language is set to Chinese or Japanese
Ratings and Reviews
Much to like, but annoyances that could be addressed w/support
I’m a new user of Due, and I’ve given it four stars because: a) the simplicity of adding tasks means that I’m likely to record them, and b) the reminder function is persistent and works. All that said, I’m also experiencing a few annoyances that might be correctable, but support by the developer is lacking. For example, every time I modify a task I receive a notification on my Apple Watch that a task has been modified. I could simply turn off the Watch reminders, but then I’d lose some of the functionality of Due. Perhaps there’s a setting I haven’t yet discovered. Or, perhaps this is an easy fix by the developer? Bottom line is my note to the developer has gone unanswered, and I’m really frustrated by a few of these items. If the developer were more engaged, I think this could be a killer app, and I’d have given it 5 stars.
Best replacement for system reminders app
The system reminders app has gotten super buggy in recent years, to the point where I found it basically unusable. I've been looking for a good replacement for it, and after trying many different apps, settled on Due.
Some of the key features for me are Siri support so I can make a reminder when I'm driving, good natural language processing so I can create a reminder without having to manually put in a time/date, and clients for both Mac and iOS. The UI for snoozing a reminder is also excellent, with presets you can set for certain times of day, and buttons to quickly offset from those times.
It's still being developed, which is great. I have two top requests: 1. Have the natural language processing be able to handle creating repeating reminders. 2. Have the natural language processing be able to handle creating a reminder shortly before an event. For example "remind me that I have a doctor appointment at 10am, at 7am on Friday".
Happy with Redesign! Some flaws...
I am very happy with this redesign (and am updating my review from 1 star to 4 stars). However, there are a couple of flaws that lower the score from a 5 to a 4.
1. Not very compact. My main problem is with the sidebar. It takes way too much space and there is no way to hide the sidebar (which I would prefer) or even resize it.
ALSO: there are lots of complaints about the UI being less compact, so I suggest creating a "compact" mode that makes the UI more compact and information-heavy. I think that would be helpful to everyone.
2. Some weird bugs. When I use the command to show the window, it usually works fine and shows up in my full screen window. However, if I press the hide window command that is set (same as show window command), and then move to a different fullscreen window, it ends up moving me to the wrong window. This problem can be solved by just pressing cmd w though. Just a minor annoyance.
ALL IN ALL: Really the only thing keeping me from the 5 star rating is that huge sidebar. It's way bigger than it needs to be.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Due Apps LLP
- 31 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.4 or later.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010–2022 Due Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Upgrade Pass (Computer) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.