Embark the efficiency of a true dyno inside your car!
Measure your real engine power and torque within a 2% margin by performing a simple acceleration with your car!
Make sure your tunings are effective using a completely objective and independent way, without any excessive expense!
PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno & Timer is an application allowing you to measure the performances of your car, such as its real power, torque, and acceleration times. It doesn’t require any connection to your car. Results are provided as detailed reports featuring interactive charts.
How does PerfExpert dyno works ? It's simple :
1. Create your car profile => Describe your car to PerfExpert by providing information such as curb weight, tire sizes or engine displacement. If you don't know how to find your car's specifications, we help you to do so.
2. Mount your phone in your car => No need to connect your phone to your car. With your phone firmly mounted inside your car, PerfExpert can rely on its internal sensors to measure the real acceleration of your car.
3. Accelerate through the entire engine rev range => On a flat, straight and horizontal road, perform an acceleration from low rev to the maximum rev, keeping the same gear : that's it!
IMPORTANT : dyno test is not compatible with automatic gearboxes that doesn't have a manual mode.
With such a tool, you can check the efficiency of your various tunings, ECU mapping, chiptuning, and even your chassis settings.
Using the specification of the tested car and your device’s accelerometer, the application runs our algorithms and dynamic power loss calculations to provide the performances of your car with high accuracy.
Skeptical? Here is a selection of comparison tests between “PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno” and real chassis dynos, performed by some of our users : http://bit.ly/perfexpert_vs_chassis_dyno
For further information, you can find our FAQ at http://tuning.perfexpert-app.com/f-a-q
Here are sample dyno and timed run reports created using the application :
Join now the growing PerfExpert community:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PerfExpert
- Google+ : https://plus.google.com/+Perfexpert-app/posts
- Support : https://www.facebook.com/groups/perfexpert/
- Dyno test : measure the power and torque of your engine with advanced loss calculation model. Detection of the engine rev limiter. Detailed reports featuring interactive charts of wheel and engine horsepower and torque / engine speed, just like a regular chassis dynamometer.
- Compute corrected power and torque using the correction norm of your choice (atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature and air humidity are taken into account). Available standards: DIN (Europe), SAE (America), JIS (Japan), CEE (Europe) and ISO (International).
- Timed Run test to measure your 0-60mph, 0-60ft, 0-1/8mi, 0-1/4mi, 0-100km/h, 0-20m, 0-200m, 0-400m, and much more.
- Use of your phone accelerometer at its maximum frequency and advanced signal processing for smoothed curves.
- Custom choice of units from a large choice: Hp, Ch, Cv, Kw, Nm, Ft.Lb, mKg, Mph, Km/h, m, ft, G, m/s², psi, inHg, mBar, °C, °F
- Export reports in Tab Separated Value format and PNG
- Measurement procedure is now easier to perform thanks to sound effects that inform you when measurement initialization is done and when the dyno start speed is reached.
- Added more smoothing levels. Now there are 6 levels (Low, Low+, Medium, Medium+, High, High+).
- Added a new information to results : data acquisition rate.
- Added Russian, Bulgarian and Norwegian translations.
- Updated translations.
- Now, when your connection to the PerfExpert Network has expired, the app prompts you to reconnect
- Fixed the speed unit in the measurement screen when unit is Mph
- Fixed car profile description in the results Average screen
Ratings and Reviews
Buy a Vbox
Ten bucks down the drain... seems like a cool app, only if you have a supported vehicle. Should just put that $10 towards a Vbox.
Developer Response ,
Our car database is an option to help you fill your car profile parameters. The fact that your car is not available in our database doesn't mean you can't use the app, but means that you just have to source the necessary information by yourself (For example from a forum related to your car, or from the manufacturer technical documentation). Also, we can search information for you if we can find a reliable source. All you have to do is to contact us and provide us the year, make, model, exact version and claimed manufacturer power so we can identify the right car.
About the Racelogic VBox Sport : it doesn't provide dyno feature, that's why we have a VBox Sport pro in PerfExpert, that allows to do dyno test with the VBox connected to your phone. This feature is unique and is the most easy way to perform dyno test on the road.
Great car performance information
I wasn't ready to go spend hundreds of dollars on a Dyno run. So I went looking for a Dyno for my iPhone and I came across a PerfExpert.
PerfExpert was the first performance app I tried. Their website has the information that was not included in the app for how to set it up and make it work. It works so well for me that I didn't even go look for any other dynamometer apps.
I recommend this app for anyone that's interested.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We have included many documentation inside the app, that are accessible via the top right 'help' button of most app screen. Can you contact us to tell us which information of the website helped you to set up the app and that should be included in it? Thanks.
Feel free to join our community to interact with other users, share your results, ask us questions and send us your suggestions : https://www.facebook.com/groups/perfexpert/
If I could give a 0 I would
Bad customer service. App doesn't work at all. Waste of money. Doesn't even have all vechs in their system. Would not give refund after asked over and over because their system doesn't have my vech. Would not recommend this app to my worst enemy
Developer Response ,
There is no option for a developer to refund a customer directly. We also have no access to customer identifiable information. Only apple can give refunds for App Store products. You should contact Apple using the “report a problem” option on the email receipt.
Our car database is an option to help you fill your car profile parameters. The fact that your car is not available in our database doesn't mean you can't use the app, but means that you just have to source the necessary information by yourself (For example from a forum related to your car, or from the manufacturer technical documentation).
Also, we can search information for you if we can find a reliable source. All you have to do is to contact us and provide us the year, make, model, exact version and claimed manufacturer power so we can identify the right car.
- Claude JOSEPH ANGELIQUE
- 52.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 PerfExpert SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.