Claquette is the easy way to capture, edit and convert videos and GIFs on your Mac.
Crop and trim video files. Convert them to GIFs. Or create a new video by recording your screen and a connected camera.
Creating and editing videos becomes as easy as handling images - Working with video doesn't have to feel heavy.
• Record your Mac's screen, microphone and camera
• Visualize mouse clicks and drags
• Capture video and audio from iPhones or iPads connected to your Mac
• Import video or GIF files
• Crop your video to only show relevant portions
• Trim away unwanted sections from the start and end
• Resize videos by using built-in presets or by defining custom sizes
• Turn your videos into optimized animated GIFs or PNGs
• Make your videos smaller by converting them to the modern HEVC format
• Export your recordings to high-quality ProRes videos
• Use the share menu to distribute your content via Mail, Messages or any available sharing extension
• Send a layered export to Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 (available via In-App Purchase)
Create compelling video tutorials or screencasts to reach your online audience in a more personal way. Use short videos to promote and sell your products or create animated GIFs to enhance your social media posts. Animated GIFs are also great for designers and developers to communicate issues in projects or to create meaningful bug reports.
Additionally, Claquette can be integrated into your professional video editing workflow by upgrading to Claquette Pro. This unlocks exporters for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5. Visit our product page to learn more about all features.
• Adds ability to drop files onto the recording window
• Adds a hotkey for the Save Current Frame action
• Improves export performance for animated GIFs
• Improves file size optimization for animated PNG exports
• Fixes a crash when using fixed bitrates for HEVC exports on some hardware configurations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can’t speak to the pro offerings in Claquette, only to its animated GIF export, but what it does with GIFs is phenomenal. Claquette produces what everyone wants in a GIF: high quality with small filesize. Several advanced options are provided when exporting, but I haven’t had the need to adjust much of anything — the export quality is fantastic “out of the box”. The one quibble I have is what other users have expressed here: no importing of existing movie/video content. I use multiple apps that can generate motion content, so it’s a bit frustrating to have to physically play the media on-screen to get it into Claquette. But even with the added hassle, the efficient output that Claquette provides makes the effort worthwhile. Highly recommended.
Good app — no audio capture?
I’m able to capture content from my screen to make a screencast losslessly at a selectable framerate—just what I needed.
When capturing content with audio output (videos, for example) the audio being played isn’t captured. Re-aligning audio tracks in post is painful and ideally, unnecessary—did I miss a setting?
I’d also like to be able to do partial screen captures in addition to full-screen captures.
It was 2am...
...my launch email was scheduled to send in 4 hours. A bug with LICEcap was recording blackness. Screenflow's gif exports were $!@t no matter what settings I tried and online sources were saying frame-by-frame Photoshop rendering was the only way to get a truly crisp animated gif. It was dark, and all hope seemed lost. ...and then I found Claquette. Beautifully sharp, optimized gif with default settings, one shot! Best $10 ever. Thank you. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi rsweetland, happy to hear that Claquette was helping you to create an animated GIF for your launch mail.
Thank you for your review!
with kind regards
- Thomas Zoechling
- 4.2 MB
- Photo & Video
macOS 10.14.4 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Peakstep
- In-App Purchases
- Claquette Pro $39.99
- Claquette Standard $14.99
- Claquette Upgrade $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.