Seven Duden German dictionaries with pronunciation audios from native speakers
FREE 2 DAY TRIAL
Have a look at each of the Duden apps and gain a first impression at no cost. The free two-day trial contains all dictionaries. Study the contents and features of the individual Duden apps and decide which dictionary suits your purposes.
Duden – German Etymological Dictionary, 5th Edition
Duden – The German Spelling Dictionary, 27th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Correct Usage, 9th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Foreign Words, 10th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Synonyms, 6th Edition
Duden – The Defining Dictionary, 4th Edition
Duden – German Dictionary, 7th Edition
• Duden Morphomagics™ dynamically finds all inclined and conjugated forms of your query, right while typing. Tap any word from the hit list to view its full grammatical details.
• Search through dictionary headwords
• Full-text search mode to indicate usage examples
• Similarity search in case of misspelling
• Wildcard search in case you are unsure of the exact spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to substitute missing letters
• List of favorites for quick access to frequently searched words
• Pronunciation audios recorded by native speakers
• Irregular verbs
Duden – Die deutsche Rechtschreibung, 27. Auflage
Mit 5 000 neuen Wörtern aus dem deutschen Sprachgebrauch und insgesamt 145 000 Stichwörtern ist dieser Duden der umfangreichste und aktuellste, den es je gab.
Ratings and Reviews
I have used the entire suite for years. Now I open it and can just find a useless "Spelling dictionary." Also, to use on my phone I would have to pay the same amount again--purchase for Mac through the app store not recognized on my ios device. Absolutely sterling dictionary, but, ugh, no. I'm done with Duden.
Purchase history from the app is not honored in the Mac version
I have already bought two of the dictionaries which provide content for this product running on the iOS platform as in-app purchases. However, that (identical) content is not available to me when I try to “Restore Purchases” on the Mac platform. Since I already have been coerced into buying the iOS product twice, after Duden decided to desupport their Duden-branded app which had been developed and marketed by Paragon, I’ll be d****d if I’ll buy it a third time! Good dictionary (of course), but sleazy marketing.
You have to buy separate version for MacOS and iOS
Although I paid US$ 29.00 for the MacOS version, I cannot use the license for the iOS version - you have to purchase that one separately (another US$ 19). Great product. Very poor marketing.
- Bibliographisches Institut GmbH
- 16.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Bibliographisches Institut
- In-App Purchases
- Foreign Words Dictionary, 10 $17.99
- Synonyms Dictionary, 5 $17.99
- Universal Dictionary, 7th Ed $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.