Philosophy Now is a magazine for everyone interested in ideas. It aims to corrupt innocent citizens by convincing them that philosophy can be exciting, worthwhile and comprehensible, and also to provide some light and enjoyable reading matter for those already ensnared by the muse, such as philosophy students and academics.
Philosophy Now appears every two months. It contains articles on all aspects of Western philosophy, as well as book reviews, letters, news, cartoons, and the occasional short story.
Since its small-scale launch in Britain in 1991, Philosophy Now has grown to become the most widely-read philosophy periodical in the English language. Philosophy Now is independent of all groups and has no intentional editorial bias except for a passionate conviction that philosophy is a Good Thing.
• Subscriptions and all back issues available using In-App Purchase.
• Freely browse the contents list of any issue before purchasing.
• Purchased issues can be downloaded to device for reading without internet connection.
• Subscribe annually (6 issues) for USD $24.99 or bimonthly (1 issue) for USD $4.99.
• Single issues are also available for USD $5.99 each.
• If available you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• App subscription is independent of and not included with print or any other type of subscription to the magazine.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of the original subscription.
• You can manage auto-renew of your subscription in your iTunes account settings, where it can be turned off if you wish.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not a bad app.
I only subscribed for IOS, so I don’t have the issues others have mentioned. The app itself is very minimalistic. It’s not a very savvy app, technologically, by any means. But its format is easy to navigate and even allows for text-to-speech on IOS. For the content of the magazine, the quality fluctuates as all “pop” *insert topic* magazines tend to do. On the whole, I find little to complain about.
From what I can tell, you have to purchase a subscription for the app even if you subscribed on a desktop. If this is the case, it’s pretty barbaric.
Philosophy Now app
Are the publishers aware that a separate (paid?)subscription is necessary for the app, apart from desktop subscription? First time I have encountered this payment plan.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Anja Publications Limited
- 58.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Anja Publications
- In-App Purchases
- Philosophy Now $24.99
- Philosophy Now $4.99
- Philosophy Now: Issue 115 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.