The most authoritative Italian dictionaries from Hoepli Publishing House available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 50 sample entries of each dictionary to preview before buying
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. The app allows you to experience the most advanced search, learning, translation features and then purchase well-known Italian dictionaries with the in-app catalog:
- Hoepli Grand Russian-Italian and Italian-Russian Dictionary by Julia Dobrovolskaja
- Aldo Gabrielli’s Hoepli Italian Dictionary
Search and translate features:
• New! You can now look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Russian morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Handy Converter support.
• Search History to revise your recent translations
• New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• New! Now App startup is very fast!
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• Improved user interface for your better experience.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
The Publishing House Hoepli was founded in 1870 by Ulrico Hoepli (Tuttwil, Switzerland 1847 - Milan 1935). The publishing business has developed from the outset with particular attention to the technical and scientific fields. Currently operates in the handbooks, educational publishing, university and professional, information technology, business, legal codes and dictionaries.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Italian audio pronunciation is back in Hoepli Grand Russian-Italian Dictionary.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A must for the more advanced student
This is the best all Italian electronic dictionary that I know. For those who need a more advanced dictionary, an all Italian edition is necessary. Combined with The Collins Italian-English app, I find all my needs met in my translation work as well as pursuing Italian literature and media. The Hoepli dictionary has clear, concise explanations as well as a thorough coverage of shades of meaning and level of usage (familiar, literary, slang, etc.)
- Hoepli S.p.A.
- 66.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ulrico Hoepli Editore S.p.A. 2013
- In-App Purchases
- Aldo Gabrielli’s Hoepli Italian Dictionary $33.99
- Hoepli Grand Russian <-> Italian Dictionary $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.