We are thrilled to be back. If you still have your Newton account, just log in using your Newton username and password.
Delete single mail in a thread. Also, support for ‘Mark unread from here’.
Add emails to OmniFocus, Things, 2doapp and Bear.
Insert GIFs using the Giphy keyboard on the iOS app.
Ratings and Reviews
Newton is the best by far on iOS. Two things make it just less than perfect. 1) The search is terrible. When I search by sender, it never pulls up all the messages from that sender. And it doesn't even pull up the most recent messages. It seems to pull in a random collection of emails from that sender, spanning the past few months, but it almost always misses the message I'm looking for. I end up logging into Apple Mail when I need to search for a specific message. I can't figure why Newton wouldn't just pull up a list of all matching messages, starting with the most recent. Seems simple enough.
2) I really wish they gave you the option of split panel view on desktop. The desktop UI is basically the exact same as the iOS app. I understand the desire for simplicity, but with more real estate on the desktop, a split panel view would speed up my workflow a ton. Some email clients give you the option, at least.
Other than those two complaints, Newton is by far superior to every other email app available. No contest. In a league of its own.
Few things I’ve been waiting for over a year to be fixed
1) need to have a number somewhere on threads on main page to show how many emails are contained in the conversation
2) need ability to show more text on email notifications to Apple Watch. May be able to do this by reducing font size like outlook does
3) need to be able to show all of a message by default without having to scroll to bottom to request the full email that has been truncated. Really frustrating when you get to the bottom and then have to click that button that sends you to the beginning of a large email when you have already read 3/4 of the email. I thought this was supposed to speed up your email management???
4) add ability to change text size throughout application so if you want smaller text you can see more emails on main screen
5) Sllllllow to load emails. Have to watch a circus of emails appear and then disappear if I did some work on gmail on the computer. Basically can see every move you made at a different location and can take forever to get caught up if you are a high volume email user
Best E-Mail Client & Support
I understand many negative reviews are being left by those who think the price is too high for the subscription. I used to be in the same mindset and tried just about every mail app worth trying that was available on the App Store before begrudgingly trying Newton and liking it enough to subscribe.
After a little over a year and using the app extensively on my iPhone as well as my Mac I can honestly say this is the best Mail app you can find. Feature rich, simple design, it just works and it works amazingly well. Just research how much it costs for add ons to GMail, for example, for the read receipts or send later functionality. It costs more than the cost of the Newton subscription - and those are just two features.
One last thing - Support. I understand you may not always need support, but when you do - I know when I do - it’s sometimes a pain to wait for an answer you need or would like to have right away. Newton’s support is unmatched! I can send an E-Mail at 11PM and get an answer LITERALLY within a 10 minute time frame. This isn’t just a one instance, I’ve emailed on numerous occasions with different questions and have always gotten answers within minutes - no matter the time or day.
If your hesitant - Just give it a try. This app is amazing and definitely worth the money. Especially if your an E-Mail power user.
Keep up the great work Newton Team - Thank You!!!
- CloudMagic, Inc.
- 169 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CloudMagic, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Newton Annual $49.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.