High Rail allows you to control your Lionel Legacy Engines and Lionel SensorTracks.
Lionel Legacy Engine Control
Control your engine's speed, direction, quilling whistle, bell and more using an awesome gesture-driven interface.
There are ten unique gestures:
• Change Speed
• Quilling Whistle
• Ding Bell
• Halt System
• Turn Bell On/Off
• Open Front Coupler
• Open Rear Coupler
• Go Forward
• Go Backward
• Adjust Momentum (reach target speed faster/ slower)
Control an engine's physical effects
• Turn on and off the cab light and ditch lights
• Control the smoke unit output
• Power the engine up and down (with crew talk options)
• Change engine speed to predefined railroad speeds (with crew talk options)
• Adjust momentum (reach target speed faster/ slower)
• Reset engine
The new Gesture Assistant helps you discover and master each gesture.
iPhone 6s and iPhone 7s users will enjoy using 3D Touch to control how fast an engine reaches the target speed. It's fantastic!
You can customize the engine control appearance for each engine. This allows for a fun and easy way to visually locate, for example, your Union Pacific SD-40 engine in the engine list.
There are several Engine Style options to help you personalize your engines:
• Select an image of your engine from your Photo Library.
• Take an image of your engine directly from the app.
• Use an app generated image (shortened name plus road number).
• iPad users can drag and drop photos.
• Quickly and easily begin a recording without having to press the physical SensorTrack™ record button.
• Track the recording progress.
• Green – plenty of room left in the recording.
• Yellow – recording is starting to fill up.
• Red – you better wrap up the recording.
SensorTrack™ Predefined Actions
• Quickly switch between the predefined recordings without having to press the physical SensorTrack™ program button.
LCS Module Discovery
• All connected LCS modules and SensorTracks are automatically discovered.
LCS Module Identification
• All Lionel LCS hardware modules can turn on an identification LED.
• Easily identify any connected module or SensorTrack™.
• High Rail connects to a Lionel Layout Control System (LCS) Wi-Fi and other LCS hardware control devices.
• Users may connect via LCS Wi-Fi "access point" or "home" network.
• Full app functionality requires a Lionel Legacy Base.
• The engine control feature only works with Lionel Legacy engines. Lionel TMCC engines are not currently supported.
• Users must have a Lionel Legacy Base to use the Legacy Engine Control feature.
• It typically goes without saying, but, users using the new Legacy Engine Control feature need to make sure to have quick access to turn off track power to avoid engine collision accidents (or other accidents that may harm your existing layout).
All Lionel hardware is available from Lionel, LLC.
Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool for Lionel Users
Excellent application to program Lionel SensorTracks, run Legacy Engines and control LCS equipment. I love using this app to control my SensorTracks on the backside of my layout because there is no need to touch the switch on the track. I can control them from anywhere in my train room. It is easy to use all of the functions of the SensorTrack. Running trains is easy too, controlling speed, switching direction, working the couplers and most of all, the quilling whistle! Great app!
Awesome app! Works great and new features with every update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.