Flying by instrument flight rules (IFR) is not an easy task, especially for student pilots. With the IFR Flight Trainer Simulator, students can easily develop and experienced pilots can quickly improve their understanding of IFR navigation.
This is the perfect app for learning and practicing IFR procedures, and it is much cheaper than a single flight hour.
Try it out if you want to acquire an instrument rating or just want to brush up your IFR skills.
IFR Flight Trainer Simulator was designed with simplicity and intuitive operability in mind.
The instruments available are: VOR, RMI, HSI, EHSI, DME, Directional Gyro and airspeed indicator. Thanks to a NAV 1 and a NAV 2 modes, you will also be able to train for two NDB/VOR approaches.
• COCKPIT/MAP - Use the cockpit mode to practice and use the map mode to set up a scenario and check you progress. Both the aircraft and ground stations can be easily relocated to a new position by dragging and dropping them.
• VOR, DME, HSI, EHSI, RMI - This aviation app is carefully designed to reflect the characteristics of different instruments. Choose between VOR or NDB navigation, select your instruments (HSI/EHSI or RMI) and a speed range up to 400 kts.
• APPROACH PROCEDURES - IFR Flight Trainer Simulator will help learn how to track a radial, how to intercept a radial outbound, inbound, how to fly a DME arc, and so on. It is the simplest way to learn the navigation procedures inside out!
• WIND - Have you become familiar with all the procedures? Add some wind to spice things up. The wind settings are displayed on separate screen, where you can set its direction and speed to increase the challenge.
• HOLDING - Set and practice standard or non-standard holding patterns. Test you skills with VOR or NDB fix holdings.
You already know where your next flight will happen? Build a scenario for it in the app to practice what awaits you in real life. This way you can practice your flight in a safe environment before facing the real challenge in the cockpit.
If you want to learn the essentials, take a look at the built-in tasks as well.
• Use the classic or glass cockpit mode to simulate what you see in a real aircraft
• Use the map mode to learn and understand the procedures from a third-person point of view
• Choose between VOR and NDB navigation
• Use the following, carefully designed instruments: RMI, HSI, EHSI, Directional gyro, DME, Airspeed indicator
• Fly your own routes by creating challenging scenarios, using holding patterns and adjusting the wind
• Test your knowledge through various built-in tasks
• Drag & drop the aircraft or ground station symbols to move them around quickly
• Turn the aircraft with 1.5°/s, 3°/s (standard), 6°/s and 9°/s modes, or just simply rotate the compass dial
• View your flight path by enabling the aircraft track trail
• Simulate winds up to 50 kts
• Practice IFR flying procedures by generating random scenarios
Download the app to see for yourself whether we can help you learn the essentials of IFR navigation. Try it for free and prepare at home without wasting expensive flight or simulator time.
- fixed DGI alignment
Ratings and Reviews
Great App to help PIC’s get their minds engaged.
This is a great app to help instrument rated pilots and instrument students practice navigation and tracking.
Would give it 5 stars but Task 11 was completed while flying direct to VOR 1 to track the 150 radial outbound. I was still .6 DME inbound to the VOR and crossed over the airport. I received a message that the task was completed.
Overall it’s a great app.
Might’ve been a good tool too short of a time to commit to buying
Response:If Customers can’t test the full capabilities of the app there is no way most customers would pay $25 for unknown functionality or performance. I am still interested in the possibility of the app and it’s training potential but with the extremely limited free app it is impossible to justify without additional interaction with the full app capabilities.
By the time I could even figure out the controls, and that half or more of the features were inaccessible without the paid version I had nowhere near enough time to decide whether the app was going to be worth the high cost of what I could do on my flight simulator. This unreasonable timeframe and trial obstacles just cost you a complete sale.
Developer Response ,
We can accept your reasoning and appreciate your feedback. From our side there were two options to choose from: a trial or a demo. Since trials used to be harder to enforce and easier to bypass, we settled with the demo option. This currently includes three free tasks, one fully functional VOR and RMI instrument and no limitations on use time, controls (speed and turn settings), cockpit mode, etc. Only the full customizability (such as wind options, runways, etc.) and more advanced tasks are put behind a 'paywall' among with the HSI instrument and the option to switch between instruments. Still, all the task previews can be reached within the app and we have screenshots, videos and descriptions about the remaining functions in the App Store and on our website. The purchase menu will be greatly improved in a future update that we already work on. We will add slides that'll make a better job at representing the features of the full version. _________________
Original answer: Dear Irritated dad, Thank you for your feedback. We are a little puzzled since there is no time limit for any of the features in this app. The free version is not a trial but a demo. Because of this, the functionality of the app is limited in the free version but the available features do not change with time.
It's good for students start IR
It's really good for student. I got so much helped from this app.
But I hope you guys have LOC option. Because you know HSI has not reverse sensing with VOR but LOC. I wanted to test how HSI is moving with LOC.
If you guys offer LOC mode, I already knew your app will be the best choice for many students.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flygo-Aviation Ltd
- 43.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Flygo-Aviation Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- IFR Simulator Half Price $11.99
- IFR Simulator Unlock $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.