Clear and authoritative definitions make it an essential resource for students and teachers and an ideal introduction for anyone with an interest in philosophy.
This edition includes 500 biographies of famous and influential philosophers and covers the most recent terms and concepts from Western philosophical traditions, as well as Chinese, Indian, Islamic, and Jewish philosophy.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• iOS 12 Support
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone XS
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential for philosophy classes.
I’m a philosophy major, so being able to quickly search for terms/concepts/theories and get an overview is amazing. Other sites throw paragraphs of analysis at you - which is fine if you need that specifically - most of the time I just need to reference or refresh my memory on something.
It also has related topics and direct links displayed on entries. You can also review terms in a flash card format as well.
To the person saying there were ads on the homepage: these are links to their other dictionaries in the App Store if you are interested in them. They don’t impede the function of the app and aren’t overly intrusive.
10/10 I don’t know how I survived with just Googling random sites before.
A terrific resource
I use this daily. The word of the day keeps me thinking and looking up words I otherwise come across. Additionally this helps me understand concepts more precisely.
Reliable Quick Reference
I kept the paper version at hand for years and now enjoy the accessibility of the app. Well done!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.