MyDirectives MOBILE™ is a free companion app to the award-winning MyDirectives.com website – together the world’s most popular digital advance care planning platform.
Use this app to:
- Upload/take a photo (just like you might do to deposit a check via your mobile app), store and share your existing paper advance directives (such as those from AARP®, Caring Conversations®, Five Wishes® and the Veterans Administration/VA), or
- Create your own advance care plan here by:
(1) naming your healthcare agents – the people you want to speak for you if you had a health emergency and couldn’t communicate,
(2) making your organ donation wishes clear,
(3) adding emergency contact, healthcare providers and others,
(4) go to MyDirectives.com to expand your plan with answers to more questions.
MyDirectives.com, helps you to be prepared just in case. 24/7. Anywhere in the world.
MyDirectives MOBILE works seamlessly with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to make the process easy:
- Use your camera to record a video of your wishes and/or confirm your identity — the Most Unselfish Selfie™! — and sign your document with your finger or stylus
- Enter information for your healthcare agents and doctors using your Contacts
- Share your advance care plan right from your phone, and link via Apple’s Medical ID, to put your emergency information in front of your iPhone lock screen so it can be found in an emergency.
- Tell your doctor/nurse that you have a plan with MyDirectives and share the link with them.
The MyDirectives experience helps you record and share your medical treatment goals, preferences and priorities with family, friends, caregivers and medical personnel, by answering these types of questions:
- My Decisions: What are your medical treatment goals, preferences and priorities? Use your own words or select from a list of answers. Keep this relevant with updates as needed.
- My Healthcare Agents: Who do you want to represent you and make medical treatment decisions for you if you can't communicate during a health crisis?
- My Thoughts: Make a hospital visit better with messages, video posts (we call it the Most Unselfish Selfie™ or the Most Selfless Selfie™!), music and photos that help caregivers know more about you and help you feel more confident.
- My Circle: Keep all your key contact information in one place. Convenient for you, and vital to your caregivers in a crisis.
Fixed minor issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank goodness for this App. I have put all my wishes about my healthcare in a single location that my loved ones can access any time day or night, just in case I am not able to tell them myself. And I’ve selected the people in my life who I want to advocate for me. All this and it’s totally free! Wow!!
Great concept but doesn’t work
I love the idea and it seems to be a good concept but it will not let me upload my PDFs files from OneDrive. I tried three times over two days from two different devices. Same issue. Then I Tried to pull up help but I could not reach anyone. As a result I end up with everything except the very key documents I need so it becomes unusable. Worse, it gives you the impression that it is complete but my ignores the very docs needed to confirm it.
Would have been good if it worked.
Also it automatically sends notes to your contacts telling them they are you contacts. It did not warn me that I did this. A little sneaky and not best practice.
Pretty disappointing how limited this app is. There’s only a few things it asks you about and the rest is crap you have to upload as documents. Might as well just have a medical directives folder in your phone files for PDFs.
And the gender options are sadly last millennium. Since this is a MEDICAL app, it should have two gender fields (how you were assigned and how you identify). There’s no way to input intersex; if you’re transgender it doesn’t have a way to input your gender (transgender itself isn’t a gender); no options for gender fluid, non-binary, agender, etc.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ADVault, Inc
- 30.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 ADVault, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.