How would you like to walk into the ER confident that you knew what to do, no matter what comes through the door? The Chief Complaint app uses an algorithmic approach to over 50 of the most common complaints encountered in emergency medicine. Never feel lost or overwhelmed again, not knowing what the next step in the work-up is. Not sure what tests to order or if the patient can go home? The Chief Complaint helps you answer all those questions and more!
- Algorithm based approach to the most common emergency medicine complaints
- Based on the #1 bestselling emergency medicine clinical guide "The Chief Complaint"
- Used by the residents of LA County + USC emergency medicine program, one of the top emergency medicine programs in the world
- Color coded by organ system for easy navigation
- Exhaustively referenced to the most important studies and articles in emergency medicine (over 400 citations!) with direct links to PubMed abstracts for easy access to original sources
- Over 60 high resolution clinical management and decision support algorithms
- Direct subject-specific links to EM:RAP, Essentials of Emergency Medicine and theNNT.com for further resources and deeper dives on all subjects
- Journal club feature allows you to dive deeper into the evidence basis of your decisions
- Peer reviewed by leading physicians in emergency medicine
- Important medical calculators and scores commonly used in the ER
- Emergency medicine drug guide easily accessible right from the content pages
- All content, including treatment algorithms, is built-in, network access is only required for content updates
- Automatic content updating keeps app's contents constantly up to date free of charge
The Chief Complaint is an invaluable resource for doctors, residents, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals working in emergency medicine and other acute care settings.
Please send your feedback, questions or bug reports to email@example.com, we'd love to hear from you!
"The Chief Complaint is simply indispensable, carry it with me every shift. Excellent algorithms, concise, practical, clinically relevant explanations citing the current best-evidence for management decisions; without doubt Chief Complaint it is THE pocket Emergency Medicine reference to have with you at the bedside."
-Manuel Montano, MD, PGY-3, LAC+USC EM Residency
"...is really top notch. I really like how it organizes complaints in a flow pattern type way. This has allowed me to quickly adjust my decision making and makes it actually useful when I feel super pressured at work. The further detail located later has been helpful to one, get some good initial learning in and two, look to the resources cited for more in depth discussion."
-David Benaron, UCSD Resident
"Chief complaint is AWESOME...I think every single intern in the country should have one of these...SO COOL!"
-James Grieme, UCSD Resident
"The aptly named Chief Complaint is simply excellent. I really like the way it is laid out by cc and it's concise enough to be useful on a regular basis. I take it with me to every shift and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a streamlined, functional, real-time guide for working up patients in the ED"
-Nick Aldridge, UCSD Resident
"... really something totally new in the medical education world. This app does something many have tried to do but few have achieved, which is to create an orienteering guide to the med-ed landscape while launching your thought processes AT THE BEDSIDE when confronted with a new undifferentiated and undiagnosed patient."
-William "Billy" Mallon MD, Foreword
- Fixed critical CMS bug
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unbelievable resource. Amazing
I am an urgent care physician working in a setting where high acuity patients are common. I found this app by accident and can’t believe how fantastic it is. It is so helpful. One of the best apps I’ve seen.
I only use my iPad in landscape mode....
I couldn’t possibly use this app because I use my iPad in landscape and landscape only because a keyboard is always attached. I do not get the point of an iPad version if you are not going to give us the full iPad experience. You could have just let us download the iPhone version that doesn’t rotate instead of wasting your resources on an iPad version that doesn’t really work.
Fantastic resource for paramedics and doctors
Excellent, concise, evidence-based, and cleanly presented guide for EM providers. Easy to navigate and packed full of great info. I use this all the time and recommend to colleagues frequently
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Escavo, Inc
- 72.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Escavo Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.