***Recommended by the New York Times***
***Finalist in the 2015 MTN Business App of the Year Awards***
"This South African app is worth every cent, and is a brilliant resource for kids for now and beyond"
Tanya Kovarsky, Rattle and Mum - Best Parenting Blog 2014
Whether small or large, tall or short, friendly or scary, mammals are some of the most fascinating and magical creatures on the planet. Sasol Young Explorer is a beautiful, exciting and interactive multilingual app that introduces young kids (3–8 years) to 60 African mammals that can be encountered in the animal kingdom.
The app seamlessly blends storytelling and game playing in a fun and educational way, ensuring that children will actively engage with the content for hours at a time – even over months or years as they grow and develop their skills.
Young Explorer is beautifully illustrated throughout, with each animal presented separately and shown in its natural habitat. It is packed with fascinating facts: where the animals live, what their habits are, what they eat, how big they are, what their tracks look like, and when they are active.
Calls and videos of animals in the wild provide extra entertainment for curious young minds.
There are four languages in the app – English, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Afrikaans. Kids can read descriptions, listen to narrations and play games in their mother tongue. They can also explore other languages by easily changing from one option to another from within the app.
Exciting, interactive games that help to develop children’s abilities will provide hours of fun. Games change with each new session, ensuring that they are always challenging and entertaining.
** Apart from the initial download, no internet connection is required for the app to function. **
– Beautiful illustrations and design, engaging interface and easy navigation for kids
– Packed with accurate facts about 60 mammals written by a mammal specialist
– Multilingual app with 4 languages (English, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Afrikaans)
– Tap to hear text being narrated; switch easily between different languages
– Record your own animal stories and listen to them
– Tap to hear the animal’s call or watch a video
– Play free interactive educational games
– Swipe, tap, drag and drop to perform tasks
– Fun for kids to use – on their own, with playmates, in families
– Fosters a love of nature
– No collection of personal/location data, in-app purchases, advertising or external website links (except in the Help section)
GAMES AND LEARNING
* Memory Games – Match pairs of animal cards as quickly as possible. There are 4 games, so kids can move to the next level as they become more proficient.
* Jigsaw puzzles – 4 puzzles with delightful nature scenes and different levels of difficulty.
* Animal-naming game – Learn the names of animals by matching words and illustrations and then practice to pronounce them correctly.
* Nature clean-up game – Develop a love of nature and conservation by dragging and dropping litter into recycling bins to clean up a polluted nature scene.
THE APP PROMOTES
– Fine-motor skills and hand-eye coordination
– Verbal and language development
– Letter and word recognition
– Building a vocabulary
– Reading and comprehension
– Problem-solving and creative thinking
– Reasoning and logical thinking
– Shape and colour recognition
– Concentration and memory skills
– Visual literacy and creativity
– Positive reinforcement and a sense of achievement
– Stay updated about our new apps. Visit www.youngexplorerapp.com for more information.
– For technical support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
We take children’s privacy seriously. Read our policy here:
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.