A unique experience: the first-ever 3D exhibition featuring unimplemented projects of the greatest architects
To see the stunning works of architecture that no longer exist or remained unimplemented creative ideas and projects of the architects, not on a piece of paper, but in the way you would watch any other ordinary building. To travel in time, recreate the ruined monuments, fly over the city, find ancient castle… To do this, you don’t have to possess super powers that are often attributed to fictional characters. The Virtual Museum of Architecture application for smart phones and pads is all you need. And the impossible becomes possible: the beauty of architectural concepts reveals itself, real and visible.
The benefits of our application
• The application will be a perfect treat for anyone who knows and loves history, whether as a professional or an amateur. With just one masterpiece of architecture you may discover more about the past than with hundreds of monuments.
• The Virtual Museum of Architecture will be a delight for the eye of those who enjoy travelling and are looking for new impressions. From now on, you can travel while at home or in the office — from anywhere!
• The Virtual Museum of Architecture will be of use for architects and students of architectural schools: they will find a fabulous tool at hand to explore architecture that was never built. This is the only opportunity to see it almost “alive”.
• The application allows art lovers to immerse themselves into the sublime beauty of architecture on call. A tour of the place you jump over to via the application using 3d technology with an all-knowing guide is available for you while on the train, in a café or at home. The main idea and goal of the app is accessibility of cultural heritage for everyone
• The application is essential for parents and teachers who are willing to acquaint their children with culture and history. Children nowadays do not care much about reading books, they feel comfortable using their pads and mobile phones, and they were growing up on computer games. The Virtual Museum of Architecture incorporates a great pool of unique information in an entertaining way. It is perfect entertainment and edutainment.
• The Virtual Museum will provide a nice complement for people who learn foreign languages. The application enables you to steep yourself in the history of architecture offering 5 language options like interactive magazine
Already available for a virtual tour
1. Grand Kremlin Palace (designed by V. I. Bazhenov).
2. Chudov Monastery.
3. Ascension Convent.
4. Baryshnikov’s Homestead.
5. Palace of the Soviets (the design approved for construction).
6. Palace of the Soviets (designed by architect B. M. Iofan).
7. Palace of the Soviets (designed by Le Corbusier).
8. Palace of the Soviets (designed by H. Hamilton).
9. Palace of the Soviets (designed by I. V. Zholtovsky).
10. Rusakov Workers' Club (architecture by K. S. Melnikov).
11. Museum of Military History (architecture by A. V. Pokrovsky, 1910).
1. Neskuchnoye Manor.
2. Pavilions designed by F. O. Schechtel at the Glasgow International Exhibition.
‘I suppose that the most challenging and at the same time necessary thing in architecture is simplicity. The simplicity of form obliges the architect to create fine proportions and correlations that would communicate in harmony,’ wrote Aleksey V. Schusev, whose name was given to the museum. Being able to share the beauty and harmony is of great importance to people, and with the Virtual Museum of Architecture application it is as easy as it comes.
More than a mobile application
The Virtual Museum of Architecture is a project of the Schusev State Museum of Architecture initiated and supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation. Find the full encyclopedia of Russian architecture from ancient days to the present day at http://vma.muar.ru/.
- Spanish language added
- Voices recorded for French, German and Chinese
- Google cardboard and other compatible virtual reality devices supported
Ratings and Reviews
This app is awesome and very well made. It's super cool being able to move the camera around and look at all of the old buildings. The graphics are very nice as well.
Very interesting app. Fun to use, makes time pass by easily when absolutely bored. Great Design. Highly recommended.
Thank you for your application with good interface and easy to use. Recommend.
- DATASTEK, OOO
- 80.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 3Dreamteam LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.