"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Apollo 1.7 IS HERE! I’ve been working around the clock on this update for months and months, it’s a doozy! I’ve been keeping track of the most requested features/additions and for 1.7 I wanted to tackle a ton of them to really bring Apollo to new heights. I ended up adding a lot more than I originally intended (I contemplated calling this the Apollo 2.0 update!) but I think the work paid off and there’s really a ton of awesome stuff in this update that I just can’t live without now.
- Ctrl/Command-F style searching in comments! Just like on desktop Reddit you can now search through a comments thread for keywords and jump directly to them, it’s so handy for seeing if something specific was mentioned, or finding a user, or a mirror for a video. So. Handy.
- A new Ultra icon by the incredibly talented Alexa Grafera depicting good ol’ Apollo as a tasty birthday cake.
- Community icon pack! Finally. The Apollo community/subreddit has a ton of talented people in it, and from time to time a really cool icon gets submitted to the subreddit that people really want to see added to the app. So I talked to the creators of some of the most popular icons and purchased the icons from them to include in a new Community Icon Pack section.
- GIF sounds! A new phenomenon on Reddit as of late has been GIFs that have audio. Is that basically a video? Totally, but it’s great in a pinch on Imgur and Gfycat to give a little more life to a GIF of a kitty yawning. (Don’t worry the audio won't auto play, but if you preferred the old style there's an option in Settings to revert back)
- Enhanced filtering! A few parts to this. Now you can filter well beyond the normal Reddit limitation of 100 subreddits in r/All and r/Popular. Also it’s a lot easier to add filters now, you can filter subreddits directly from the post/subreddit and you can block users directly from their profile.
- Choose which photo album to select from when uploading!
- Save photos to an “Apollo” folder option!
- Upload via paste! When creating comments or messages if you have an image (or set of images) on your clipboard, you can now paste them directly into the text field and it’ll offer to upload them for you.
- Live comments sort! No more needing to manually refresh live TV episode threads or sports threads!
- View parent comments! If you go directly to a specific comment and it’s deep into a discussion, now you can load the upper comments directly inline!
- Compact thumbnail size options! Now you can choose between three different thumbnail sizes for Compact Mode: small (default), medium, or large!
- Subreddit icon options! You now have the option to show subreddit icons by posts and by the subreddit in the subreddits list.
- Search saved items! The saved section is a treasure trove for your favorite posts, and now you can find them so much easier with a quick and very fast search bar.
- Easier multireddit adding! You can now now add a subreddit to a multireddit directly from the subreddit.
- Mute/unmute comment threads.
- Mark text as a spoiler in a comment/message!
- Option to disable Auto-Hide Read Posts in specific subreddits.
- When you go to the About screen it’ll now show your current icon rather than just the default one. :)
- If a moderator removes an entire comment thread Apollo now auto-collapses it so you don’t have to scroll past a wasteland.
- A ton of other small additions and tweaks to make things more pleasant!
- Lots of little bug fixes!
Appreciate the patience while I worked on this big update and I hope it was worth the wait. 2020 is going to be an amazing year for Apollo, thank you so much for your generosity and giving me my genuine dream job. :)
[This changelog is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.]
[1.7.2 has a few bug fixes, plus an option to revert/disable audio in GIFs back to the old behavior until I get a chance in 1.8 to make it a little more flexible overall]
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
Best reddit app
I first got Apollo because of r/iossettups, which almost unanimously said that Apollo is the best reddit app. I went out on a limb and downloaded it, and at first I thought it was trash. However, I tried to give it a chance, and after about two weeks I couldn’t go back to the default app. I don’t usually buy apps, but I decided to make an exception and used one of my gift cards to try Apollo pro. And oh my god, it was an amazing decision. I felt like I had achieved enlightenment, that I had found the one true reddit app. But I wasn’t done yet. I wasn’t in to subscriptions, but this was right around the time I helped start up r/simfascism, and I felt like I really needed notifications. So, I whipped out my gift cards, and ten minutes later, I had purchased Apollo ultra lifetime. It was beautiful, it felt like I was gazing upon a god. Then I stopped using reddit for a while, but once r/nosleep popped up on my radar, I came back. At this current moment I use Apollo mainly to browse text based subreddits, and have become a lurker. However, I must say that Apollo looks and feels like the most well integrated iOS app I’ve seen. Honestly, I could mistake its design for that of a default iOS app. It is worth the money, and y’all should get it.
- Christian Selig
- 116.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Christian Selig 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $3.99
- Apollo Pro $5.99
- Apollo Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.