A complete weather radar and rain forecast app. Track rain, snow, or any storm on the live radar map. RainViewer forecasts where the storm will be moving and notifies you of upcoming rain.
Gone are the days when you had to switch between apps, checking whether it’s going to rain in one, and seeing the weather forecast and temperature in another. RainViewer puts it all in one app.
WEATHER RADAR MAP
The weather radar map shows you where the storm is at the moment. You can track the whole path of the storm: how it moved for the past 48 hours and the forecast of where it will be moving the next 90 minutes.
FUTURE RADAR FORECAST
RainViewer is the only application that creates a future radar animation for 1000+ weather radars in original resolution using the latest forecasting techniques. A beautifully visualised radar animation gives you a clear picture of the sky above for the next 90 minutes.
Shows the intensity and amount of precipitation over the next hour in your area. Available for more than 90 countries, the precipitation chart visually displays when the rain starts and ends.
RainViewer has the biggest weather radar coverage in the market. It’s available for 90 countries and shows a single map of all 1000+ doppler radars with the possibility to view info about every radar on the map.
RainViewer displays a 48-hour and 14-day weather forecast on a beautifully streamlined graphic. Straightforward and simple, it highlights important data only: temperature and weather conditions.
Get weather reports for multiple locations: home, office, holiday destination or business trip. RainViewer’s weather reports are available for 90 countries. You can plan your travel outfits properly and check the weather conditions in your favorite locations from almost anywhere in the world.
Every time rain, snow, or any other precipitation is heading to your location, you will get a rain alert: “Rain starts in 23 mins and lasts 58 mins”. You can also set up in-radius notifications that keep you informed if rain is near any favorite location.
You can roll back in time to view precipitation data for the previous 48 hours of the composite map, and a single radar data.
PREMIUM FEATURES (available as an auto-renewal subscription)
• Ad-free experience.
• Radar map updated every 5 mins.
• Up to 10 favorite locations.
• Push notifications of upcoming rain for any favorite location.
• 90 min rain radar forecast, 5 min step.
• 48-hour/14-day weather forecast.
• Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase.
• Subscriptions will automatically renew and payment will be charged to your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal depends on your Subscription Plan. Our Subscription Plans:
• 1 Month - $2.99/mo
• 12 Months - $14.99/year
• Subscription with a free trial period (if offered) will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel or manage your free trial's auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase. The cancellation will take effect 24-hours after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
• Offers (if offered) are valid for the first year of subscription. After, the full price will be charged according to the selected Subscription Plan.
• Added the option for the time interval for radar data on the settings screen; now you can choose "past + forecast", "past", or just "forecast".
• Full-screen mode by a single tap on the map
• Rain alerts now are allowed to enable for any available favorite location. Also, we fixed the bug with saving the notification options.
• Added settings synchronization to deliver rain alerts in your language and with desired units.
• Fixed issues with restoring purchases.
• We returned the "Precise colors" options and added a "3 hours" interval for the past data.
• Translations are slowly getting back. Chinese, Czech, Greek, Indonesian, Japanese, Malay, and Turkish translations were added.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, exept for 1 issue
When I open the app every time the backgroud map reloads when it shouldn't, because it's always the same and reloading uses lots of data. I am using OSM map by the way.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Accept our gratitude for being our customer and apologies for the circumstances. We do experience some irregular difficulties in collaboration with OpenStreetMaps. We are aware of this issue and it is to be resolved in future app versions. For now we kindly recommend you to use Apple maps instead. Thank you for your cooperation. Kind regards
Very disappointed with the surprise 2.0 upgrade
I wasn’t aware there were major changes from version 1 to 2. I purchased version 1 because I could save animations to gif and various video formats. Version 2 no longer appears to have these features and the new radar map is like looking through a kaleidoscope which is basically useless to me. I reached out to support but they have not responded. I wish they would put version 1 back out on the App Store as version 2 seems like it should still be in development.
Thank you for responding!
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you so much for your interest in RainViewer. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the implementation of the new app version. The animation sharing option is to be returned in the near future. Regarding the animation "kaleidoscope", please kindly be informed that "pixelization" is possible for the Future part of the progress bar due to the specific of your region. We'll do our best to improve the situation. Meanwhile please try our Smooth Radar option, probably you'll find it to be useful (Menu - Settings - Radar Overlay - Smooth radar). Again, sorry about that, we do try to enhance our product. With kind regards
Disappointed with the 2.9 upgrade
I absolutely loved the app for quite some time (5 stars all the way), it was by far the best radar app on the market specifically because of the Worldwide coverage, HOWEVER, after I upgraded the app to 2.0 version for some reason the quality of the radar animations is WAY WORSE than in the previous version. It’s not nearly as smooth as it was before - lots of squares as if watching an old Atari game - it hurts my eyes. Why is it??
I was so disappointed that I spent last hour researching how to downgrade the app (no luck unfortunately). Hopefully it will get improved soon...
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you so much for your interest in RainViewer. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the implementation of the new app version. Regarding the animation detalization, please kindly be informed that "pixelization" is possible for the Future part in the progress bar due to the specific of your region. We'll do our best to resolve this issue. Meanwhile please try our Smooth Radar option, probably you'll find it to be useful (Menu - Settings - Radar Overlay - Smooth radar). Again, sorry about that, we do try to improve our product. With kind regards
- Oleksii Schastlyvyi
- 32.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Oleksii Schastlyvyi
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $3.99
- 12 Months $14.99
- 1 Month $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.